Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
Monterey County , California
New Member: 1977 24ft. Argosy Rear-door

hi all,
recently have done research on Argy trailers here prior to a purchase & aquired a 77` 24ft. Argosy w/rear door which needs alot of tlc but is in pretty solid shape otherwise. I liked the way their built as opposed to standar-rv`s(TT`s), I too have many questions like others but will limit this thread to one: I replaced the original the kitchen faucet with a new one but after inspection of the old one which appears that it has no leaks plus is made of brass & copper(not cheap plastic like new one) I am considering re-installing the old one but it has a cracked plastic base that I need to remove & hopefully find a replacement...but can`t figure out how to removed the main-faucet stem?(is it threaded on?)
any help is greatly appreciated!
granaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Thumbs up Cool

Great. The 22' and 24' rear door Argosy's have a great open concept layout. One of the ones we prefer.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Can you post a photo? You might also shop around for a metal faucet by looking at some of the online RV parts places. Inland, Oasis, maybe even ebay.... I notice that Phoenix puts out a 2 handle 4" center kitchen faucet with a brass underbody for about $48. If you are on 8" centers a regular kitchen faucet works.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

You need to post a photo. Sometimes AS used different faucets on the same models. Also, since the Argosy is over 30 years old, the faucet that you are referring to may be a replacement.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hello and welcome. We also have a rear door 24 - same year, in a 'project' state. You can use any standard faucet in this application. They do still make all brass, if your willing to cough up the cash at the hardware store.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
Thank`s everyone for the warm welcome!
My wife & I are very excited about this trailer...we`ve had a few other standard travel-trailers before(some newer, some older) but we love the look & design of these Argosy`s when 1st seeing & researching them & I feel their built & designed better than most tt`s.
They do feel "roomy" inside with all the windows & 2 beds running lengthwise upfront.
We mainly use our rv for occassional family-camping at Big Sur.
The interior is presently torn apart as I`m cleaning it, checking all functions & getting the floor ready for vinyl but will add pics as soon as it is somewhat put together.
The faucet I have appears to be good but the chrome plastic base-cover is cracked & broken & I can`t seem to remove it until the faucet-stem(stamped Airstream Prod.) is removed 1st...is the stem removeable to swap out the chrome trim base?
also,
upfront on the interior it has speaker cut-outs in the walls..is this standard? & are the chrome-speaker grilles original?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04619.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	63450   Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	567.7 KB
ID:	63451  

Old 07-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
Janet,
I seen your pics of your 77`...ours is the same thing(only orange cushions & counters) including the speaker covers I asked about earlier.
Ours was missing the small table/cabinet upfront over the tank as previous owner had a spare tire attached to underside of floor & the stem came thru in this area(needless to say that the floor warped somewhat from the weight of tire) so I removed the tire & covered the warped plywood with new plywood & may or may not build new cabinet, the fridge did not cool after checking it & doing research on troubleshooting it(it`s plugged & needs new cooling section) so I`m just going to put a small electric in there, the front cushions were missing so we have to find replacements or alternatives, all curtains were missing & the Mrs. will be working on that.
The exterior paint was faded but I used some wax which brought out the shine again.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
faucet repoacement

We have a '76 front door... we replaced our kitchen faucet with a service sink unit that has a pull out head and a hose attachment on the faucet head. It is also a bit longer which helps keep the water in the sink. We got it a Lowes.

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
We replaced our kitchen faucet with a bar sink faucet, but still get a little over-splash of water. Never have been able to access the bathroom faucet, so it's original. Welcome to the world of Argosy owners. I hope you have as much pleasure with yours as we have with both our airstreams. Don't they make life mor exciting? Good luck on your plumbing. I don't suppose I've been much help, but I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Can you just remove the new plastic one even if you tear up some of it and replace it with a good metal faucet?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
I doubt you can get that faucet apart or find a replacement housing if you do get it apart. As an aside, think about putting a rock guard on the front. Relatively cheap insurance against one of those expensive, rare, beautiful front wrap windows being broken by a wayward rock.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Rear door, any regrets now in hindsight ?

hi, an older thread but curious on your thoughts with rear door & beds up front, looks kinda cool but is it practical ? I'm considering one and not sure what to make of it!
nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote