Old 05-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Calgary , Alberta
Well I finished removing all of the carpet and only found one location of floor rot. I figure I will cut out the piece from the where the wood is attached to the floor from by the door opening to the next cross member under the water tank. I figure I will then seal the new piece of wood and the rest of the floor. Once that is done I think I will install new flooring. So looking over the entire trailer that was the only wood that was damaged.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1469.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	212983

Now I did come up with some electrical issues. I am a little unsure of what was done and why it was done. I am assuming that most of this was completed by the PO. The one thing that throws me is that he ran parallel runs of cable from the battery to the univolt instead of using a heavier guage wire. The amazing thing is that everything works and I guess that is all that matters.

Name:	IMG_1464.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	212985,
I see the junction box that has the wires from the plug. It looks like red (stop left), green (tail light), brown (stop right), and black (backup) this is from the manual. It appears that the white, blue and yellow are attached. I will take it apart in the next couple of days. From the manual on the 12volt panel appears to have 2 blues, 1 purple, and 1 yellow. I will try and figure out which wire is powering which circuit. Now I am not sure what the 2 silver canisters are for. I know the PO had added some battery gauges to the cabinet and the 4 wire pairs (yellow, green, white and brown) are attached to them. I will take the manual out with me and try and follow the wires.

So I am thinking that I will install a PD 4060 electrical panel and re-feed all the wire to it. I am not fan of the 12 volt wire not being covered as we have young kids and open wire is a bad thing. So to install the PD I will need to run a new shore wire to the PD panel and then a 120V wire back to the panel at the back of the trailer. I figure this should clean up the front under dinette seats to a neater setup.
I will take some better photos to show all the electrical after I figure out what each wire does.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1447.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	212986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1451.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	212987  

Name:	IMG_1456.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	212988  

CampingwKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
New argosy owner

The silver canisters as you call them are solenoids. They are controlled by the wires that are connected to the small terminal. If you can determine what device controls each.
It looks like it may be a battery switch system. Could be wired for a "use/store" situation as well.
I see a tag that looks like it says.. "Ion Heater". Do you have a 12 volt electric heater in the coach?
Follow the multi conductor cables that are connected to the small terminals. That should give you some clue as to their use.

Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:11 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Calgary , Alberta
I believe the PO must off had two battery system. There was the original battery cables from the univolt and then there were the two parallel runs of wire. One of the wires went to the right solenoid and the other cable went to the left. So my guess is that is what had happened. I did identify all of the cables in the fuse panel except for a couple of other white wires. I will take some photos and then figure it out next.
CampingwKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #18
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Franklin , Wisconsin
Welcome! Just wanted to say "HI". I'm the proud owner of a '78 Argosy Minuet 6.7 and love it! Enjoy his website!

ArgosyMinuet is offline   Reply With Quote