Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

lincolnton , North Carolina
Need wiring diagram Argosy 22'

I need a wiring diagram for a 1973 Argosy 22. I need both 12 volt and A/C trailer wiring. Thanks

Old 11-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
I need the same thing for my 74 Argosy rear door. Everything works fine except the exterior above door light and small flood to the right of the door. sometimes I have power, sometimes i don't. All fuses are good. Heavy red wire at the flood, looks like a home run wire, but no red wires going coming out of the fuse box. Put new lamp holder above the door, worked when I hooked it up, then put the trim back on and nothing. Seems to work when I first plug into AC. I have a feelling there is a short in a connection somewhere, will try to track that down. Any help appreciated! Tom

Old 11-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 28
Irrigon , Oregon
The service manual has that info. If you buy it from airstream, get the airstream one for the same year. There are several places that sell aftermarket ones.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilder View Post
I need the same thing for my 74 Argosy rear door. Everything works fine except the exterior above door light and small flood to the right of the door. sometimes I have power, sometimes i don't. All fuses are good. Heavy red wire at the flood, looks like a home run wire, but no red wires going coming out of the fuse box. Put new lamp holder above the door, worked when I hooked it up, then put the trim back on and nothing. Seems to work when I first plug into AC. I have a feelling there is a short in a connection somewhere, will try to track that down. Any help appreciated! Tom
I have found the biggest problem with the lights you mention is the switch itself. After 37 years they just get old and tired, sometimes work, sometimes not. Either spray it with contact cleaner or replace it with a new one. Of course when you take it out, you can just connect the wires together to be sure that the lights come on and it is the switch.

The other issue I have found with those same lights is the ground connection or the socket in the light itself.

You probably don't need a wiring diagram to figure this out, they generally don't show a whole lot of detail anyway.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
Hamilton , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba

I have found the biggest problem with the lights you mention is the switch itself. After 37 years they just get old and tired, sometimes work, sometimes not. Either spray it with contact cleaner or replace it with a new one. Of course when you take it out, you can just connect the wires together to be sure that the lights come on and it is the switch.

The other issue I have found with those same lights is the ground connection or the socket in the light itself.

You probably don't need a wiring diagram to figure this out, they generally don't show a whole lot of detail anyway.

Something I've discovered while prepping La Tortuga for its maiden voyage is that many ground points are rivets which work loose over time. I've been able to restore power to several lights plus the exhaust fan by switching ground lines to known good grounds.

The other rather surprising item is the utter lack of solder. Virtually all wire to wire connections are wire nuts w/o benefit of solder. ( old engineer here).

While removing the ancient univolt and reading the forum, I agree in replacing the fuse block. Most of the riveted fuse holders are loose and even though they show good conductivity w my fluke, they really need to be replaced.