Old 10-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1974 Argosy 28
Coos Bay , Oregon
Moving front lounge to roadside

I started a thread elsewhere on this site but didn't get feedback I was looking for so I'll try here.

On our maiden voyage of our Argosy 28 we loved everything about our trailer except the fact that there is not much room to put a chair between the table and the fridge making dinner kinda cramped. So.... I am considering moving my front goucho from over the water tank under the front window to the side next to the fridge. Then placing a cradenza of some sort over the water tank, add a folding table and put a rocker next to the front door. I was looking at a broucher from a 1978 Ambassador 28 and liked the look. The thought of being able to see out the front wrap around window from the goucho or a rocker would be great.

Does anyone have any thoughts on where I could get a crezenda or better yet plans to build one that compensate for the water tank?

darryl97420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1976 25' Tradewind
. , AZ to Maine
Credenza Dilemma

Hard telling, not knowing.
Not to be too smart I started down the same route. I pulled out what I did not like and found bad flooring. What started out as a simple renovation turned into a nightmare.
Do not get me wrong, I still have the Airstream, it is 5 years later and I love my rig.
We use a plastic table and hardwood chairs. Simple is best for me.

fastrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:48 AM   #3
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Originally Posted by darryl97420
Does anyone have any thoughts on where I could get a crezenda or better yet plans to build one that compensate for the water tank?
I have a whole credenza with stereo and all for sale.

Cost 150 dollars, you pay ship or pick up. I removed it from a 31 sovereign with streetside credenza.
I did a project some what similar to yours.
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
Several (many?) years ago I did that to the same trailer - 78 Argosy 28 - but also moved the water tank. I put it under the side double bed so the tank would be near the heat source and the plumbing could be reduced. This left room under the front window for the table to be folded down out of the way. Couch still functioned as an extra bed and there was room for two folding director's chairs on the curbside. The trailer is used for fall fishing in Northwest Washington, thus the cold weather concerns. Darol
Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
1974 Argosy 28
Coos Bay , Oregon
Smily: can you send me pics and dementions?

One other option was to remove the lounge completely and put in a flexsteel sleeper sofa and build a modified credenza over the water tank. The main goal here is to maximize space up front.
darryl97420 is offline   Reply With Quote