Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
missing ?

Hey All,
I am in the process of stripping my argosy 22 and found 4 holes in bout a 2 in square right behind the door latch that holds the door open.Looks like something was removed for a previous paint job and not replaced.found another place like that at the rt frt of the trailer just below the frt window,it bout 2 x 8 for the hole spacing like it was a emblem or something....any Ideas?
critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Take a look at similar models and years to your trailer at Vintage Airstream. I did a quick glance and didn't see any units as you describe - so may have been someting the PO had added and then removed from the unit....

Vintage Airstream Photo Archives
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Can you post a picture or two of the offending holes? Might help in the analysis.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Critter
the 2x8 area with 4 screw holes under the front window was a LEVEL MASTER LEVEL.The PO probably took it because he wanted it on his next trailer.There are some places that get about $30 dollars for that Level. I have the same 4 holes and ghost area. These can be purchased direct from Level Master for $19.95 +S&H I have a replacement on Order. I'm not sure about the holes on the side of the trailer,unless it was a door hold back.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
Thanks Guy's,
Sorry but I cant do pic's yet.The level is a possibility but wouldnt it be in the middle of the trailer.I guess it could be mounted on that side so you could see it in the rear veiw mirror.What do you think?
critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
NO Critter
Its mounted on the nose under the front window it is large as U can see by its footprint. The LEVEL MASTER is a COMBO level that gives U side to side and front to back. Being LARGE, they say it can be seen out the rear window of the TV and aids in leveling at a campsite. I wondered what that was and what had been there Then I saw one on my friends 31 ft AS a couple of weeks ago. AHA thats what goes there . My PO or one of them(Im the forth owner) had taken it either for a souvenir or to put on their next trailer seeing they probably paid $30 or $40 bucks for it.
Bring up the LEVEL Master Site and view that level . Mine has cheap stick on levels that are not accurate. So I ordered the NEW LEVEL MASTER direct from them. Should be here in a week or so.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
But Roger, his holes are: a) one set on the side, right by the door latch, not on the front .... and b) ones on the right side of the front; the ones on the front are not centered - they're "at the rt frt" apparently ... I'm puzzled.

I bet he had one of those framistats or dreelingers that Argosy owners are always raving about ... the ones that get them 30 mpg towing. Too bad they're gone!
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote