Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Minuet

I looked at a Minuet yesterday.
Interior :
Cabinets and roll up doors are in excellent condition. Wall covering are good to very good condition.
Appliances could not be tested due to seller not being there.
Bath area appears to be in good condition with no visible leaks or dry rot on the floor.
All the windows are good without any cracks. Did not try opening any. Front windows has cover over them
Upholstery are worn, will need recovering as well as the curtains.
Exterior:
The skin is in very good condition with no dents, but will need repainting.
Frame has light coat of surface rust, but nothing serious.
Underneath has a "pan" covering the floor. One area that has a "rip" under the door but could be cover with a "patch" panel.
Caulking around all the windows will need attention
Black stain above the heater vent.
Has awning but I didn't open it to inspect condition. Has T.V. antenna, but no A/C.
I did not inspect the axle. Tires appears good, but don't know the age.
As a layman, not knowing too much about trailers, I feel that cosmetically it's in fairly good condition. It does however need a serious "deep" thorough cleaning. Carpet and upholstery would need replacing. At a minimum, the stove top and grates will need replacing. I don't know about the brakes nor lights condition. Probably will change the tires and shocks.
The seller is asking $2K but I'm thinking of offering him $1500. your thoughts?
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Smile Welcome!

Seon,

Looks like a nice buy for $1500-$2000!

Sounds like you went over it well. If you feel comfortable(since you're the one buying it), I'd say go for it.

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 01:09 PM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
You lucky dog :-) I've been looking for 3 months and haven't even seen an airstream in person yet! That minuet looks ok by me, and the price sounds like a steal. Let us know how it goes!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 03:23 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I just bought a 1977 Minute myself for $3000 on ebay and I got a steel the camper is worth more then I paid for it. I would go for it a little TLC and you will have a very nice camper. Mine came with a A\C unit but no awning which will cost me about a grand. Good luck I hope to see you out in it at a rally this summer
Chris
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote