Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc
I found an original Argosy window on line and picked it up at a flea market in western MA over the past weekend. I just dropped it off at the dealer since they already had the argy there I figure why not just have them install it. Here's how she looks right now. They were busy this week and did not get to the tires, which worked out well it turns out. We're going to wait on replacing the patio awning fabric for now. The dealer couldn't help too much there and recommended a new one. There's a awning guy in my home town that might/should be able to make one up for me. We'll see.
If you hardware is in good shape, try these guys for new fabric. I ordered mine Wednesday evening and it arrived today. At $129.00 and free shipping, it was a no-brainer.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #22
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc
I found an original Argosy window on line and picked it up at a flea market in western MA over the past weekend. I just dropped it off at the dealer since they already had the argy there I figure why not just have them install it...
What are your window problems, or are you just adding one? Did you break a front window? Is that why all your pictures are from the back except the one with the sun glasses on?

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #23
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Steve:
Most of the other pics were from the rear to have the tire carrier in the shot and in my yard it's easier to take a photo from that direction. This photo was taken with my phone at in the repair shop lot.

The center front window was replaced by the PO with a very thin sheet of plexiglas. Honestly, I was fine with that until I found this window.

I added the sun shades/guards in an attempt to protect as best I could the curved windows.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #24
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
RV Legends in Waterbury, CT finished with my Argy yesterday. I picked it up this morning. They were very helpful and customer service oriented, of course spending a sh ... um ... lot of money can make people treat you better. I then drove to work so it's a "Take your Airstream to work day" Everyone wanted a tour so I obliged.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #25
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
A lot has happened in the past couple of months. Wife bought me a new tow vehicle and this weekend we bought a new trailer. I will be selling both and will post in the classified section soon. Perhaps as a package?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #26
BVD

1972 Argosy 20
Bristol , New Hampshire
Yikes. I just bought a 72 Argosy 20 footer, and was hoping to paint it. Is this impossibly expensive and paint doesn't stick to aluminum and I have to go out and check my axles and....and....I sure hope I didn't make a mistake. Can anyone tell me in simple terms whether or not my Argosy is paintable, with what kind of paint, or whether I should take the paint off and "seal/polish" it? I'm about freaking out here in New Hampshire! Merci.
BVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #27
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
BVD:

do a search for user Boatdoc. he did a great job. I've been only painting the banana wrap and the trim. easy stuff. I was going to hire someone to paint the whole trailer in about a year.

There are lots of threads out here on painting.

Oh! Welcome to Airforums!!! post some photos!!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #28
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
no more "rookie stripe". Thank's to s_balrgn for naming it that and for determining I could remove it.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #29
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatismytruc View Post
no more "rookie stripe". Thank's to s_balrgn for naming it that and for determining I could remove it.
Looks great, Skip! What a difference. Good for you

What comes after rookie?

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #30
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
a second trailer
Old 11-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #31
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I did some touch up on the black paint this weekend, cleaned, winterized and put her away for her long winters nap. I hope I find a new home for her soon. She is feeling neglected.

I took lots of photos of the interior yesterday. Have a look by clicking the link in my signature. I love this trailer.