Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Mountlake Terrace , Washington
Maiden voyage of SlipStream Queen

Well we took our first trip in our 77-24ft argosy. We went to Copalis beach on the Washington coast. The trailer worked like a dream. The adventure started just outside Satsop when we blew a seam in the radiator of the truck. The steam cloud was HUGE. The fire dept. and state patrol were glad is was only a overheat and not something serious (I was too). We limped into Copalis and set up camp. After checking around for a radiator or repair shop I decided to fix the rad myself. The prices for a stuck tourist was just to high. We stayed for a week and got the typical on and off weather. As I said the trailer worked first rate the whole time, the beach was great and we made it home safe and sound. Here's a link to some pics of the trip. Just click on the subalbum Maiden voyage.
Brian
Bomech1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
w/oapaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Looks like you had a great time (other than the radiator)
Welcome to the forums. If you're looking for another adventure, join us at Beverly Beach in September.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ast-32154.html
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Thanks for the invite but I'll be back at work. Oh yea! I forgot to put a yell out to the guy in the 26ft argosy we saw in Aberdean. We also saw a 73-24 twin for sale at an RV lot in Ocean shores. Sorry no pics.
Brian
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I've not been to that beach (yet), but it looks like a wonderful place to camp. We may have to give it a try this September.

Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Welcome to the Forums! Seemes like you had a more than interesting miaden voyage. Good luck in the future. Keep an eye on that radiator temp!
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Brian

Which Campground did you stay at? It looks like it was a neat place and that you were right on the beach. Is this a campground you would recommend or is there any others there that you would also suggest?

Thanks,
Barry
Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Welcome the the Forums

Hi Brian,

Sorry about the radiator trouble. Glad you are capabile of handling things yourself. The beach is absolutely beautiful. Your trailer looks good too. Looks like a great time besides the TV trouble.

Vaughan
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Brian

Which Campground did you stay at? It looks like it was a neat place and that you were right on the beach. Is this a campground you would recommend or is there any others there that you would also suggest?

Thanks,
Barry
Thanks to all.
Barry. We stayed at the Tidelands resort in Copalis beach WA. There's a stream that runs the shore line and you have to wade through but it's only knee deep or less where you can cross. The water is hazy but potable. There are so many RV resorts along the beaches plus Ocean Shores state park that I can't say what's best. I would google a map of the coast and then go to the towns chamber of commerce, thats
's what I did.
Brian
Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Pacific Ocean Resorts

Barry,

Here is a string we use when looking for places on the coast.

Washington Coast Chamber of Commerce

This site gives you a great deal of information and plays/things to do. We prefer Copalis due to the fact that there are few people there and you pretty much have the place to your self. It's nice - I've been going there every summer for a week since I was very small. Even today I have to get my beach time in. I like the Tidelands because they have fire pits and picnic tables at each campsite. They offer, full and partcial hook up and tent sites as well. With the RV/Trailer/Camper sites you are allowed 1 tent with your vehicle - most places will charge you extra. The beach is less than 1/4 mile from the sites. I highly recommend it.

Brian's better half....Marya
Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
This is great info Brian and Marya. We are researching now and really like this. I suspect this is where we will head, I just need to pass it by Donna. We have another couple who are joining us and they've had a look at the info you provided and asked me to pass along their appreciation as well.

Barry
Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
No worries Barry. The more the merrier! We usaully go with friends who own a 77 6mtr minuet. we hit the beach about the last week of july or the first week of august. the weather is up and down but the beach and us don't really care. as I said there's a state park and so many resorts it's hard to pick one. The tide lands is good but as I said the waters hazy but potable, the public restrooms leave a bit to be desired. but the prices are good and the owners very accomodating. Always a great time.
Brian