Pretty good trip over-all.
The Argossy towed behind my Buick Roadmaster straight as an arrow, its such a relief to tow a camper and you can just about forget its back there. We were able to easily maintain the (speedlimit) throught the hills of KY. The long forgotten beauty of a tow vehicle with a low center of gravity and a 5.7L V8. Round trip on a tank of gas too!
I used the Leveling hitch with No swaybar, the new one didn't come in time for the trip....but the Argossy towed beautifully (i'll use the new swaybar next trip). The new 8 ply bias ply tires were a good investment.
We will change a few things with the interior, ***my trailer had no interior, I added my own interior, based on the original.
1) After using the trailer,
We are going to have new "twin" bunks built on either side, "toy-box"
style, lower for better seating, with LIFT UP lids and divided storage areas
to utilize the wheel-well areas and get rid of the cabinet style doors.
2) Ditch the 110 volt electric water heater, worked but used to much electric, our camp site only had a 20 amp breaker.
3) Back to gas water heater.
4) Ditch 110 volt electric cook-top, back to gas/although we didn't really miss a cook-top, we used our portable gas grill. (although we used our microwave.
5) Existing AS bathroom worked well and the new style waste valve I installed worked perfectly. There was some flak about this new style valve, but I'm proud of it...worked great.
6) TOO much junk, brought way too much extra junk.
7) Ditch the "portable" AC unit, took up valuable sq ft, for no use. Go back to new roof AC.
8) Used a little 1500
WATT heater, it about worked Extremly well! Was in low 40's during trip.
9) Futon worked perfectly, gd to sit and sleep on.
10) Thank goodness the Univolt quit and we bought a new Wizard converter and 12 volt
gell battery. Worked perfectly.
11) Like to have a bumper mounted bike rack for kids bikes?
12) Did I mention, we took too much junk? A better packing list is in required.
13) And finally
, I'll eat crow and say that the front cargo box, that I said i wouldn't take off?
Yeah, its gone, it was in the way. Didn't rub on turns, just too much trouble to attach the stabilizer bars with the cargo box on.