Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
lower curtain rod?

Is there supposed to be a lower curtain rod to hold the bottom edge of the curtains against the wall? I Have no curtains in the back of my argosy 24 twin bed model. I have discovered the upper curtain tracks but, since the side wall curves inward at the top, the curtains would hang funny. I have a bag full of curtain material, 2 bags full of track clips and one half finished curtain. Obviously the PO had an unfinished work in progress. There are some rivet sized holes in the wall at an appropriate level for a lower track. Also there are snap bases in the 4 corners above the bed. What would they have been for? Black out curtains? I am the 4th owner so there are some mysteries to be solved.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
My wife and I make curtains for Airstreams and Argosys. My first question, Is this a rear bath. Second, could you post some photos of the area in question? Our daughter and son-in-law had a 24' Argosy and I do not remember curtains in the bath room, only a pull down shade. We would be happy to help you if we can. If would like you can private message me your e-mail, and I will send you back my e-mail.
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Not the bath. Yes it is rear bath but the curtains in question are over the twin beds in the next compartment forward of the bath.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Our 1971 Tradewind came with top and bottom tracks as well as snaps at all the corners. The snaps are for privacy to secure the edges from gapping. Vintage Trailer Supply or Inland RV might have the track you need and the brackets that rivet to the inside skin and hold the track. Ours was an I in cross section, with upside down U's with rollers that fit under the top cross beam of the I.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheart View Post
Not the bath. Yes it is rear bath but the curtains in question are over the twin beds in the next compartment forward of the bath.
Yes, they should have bottom tracks and the slot for the guide to run in should most likely face the center of the trailer. If that is the case than the plastic clips for the bottom are called G- glides. The top could have either G- glides or the ones called T- glides.
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote