Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Post Light above door

* Anyone know what it looks like and/or where to find a light that goes over the outside door ?
** Also have a ripped/torn/rusted seam in the centre of the belly pan (about 3-4 feet long) which looks like a seal and rivet job. So far the suggestions are to get a large patch of sheet alum. to seal this opening. Any comments?
*** this is a 24T5V1297c. Does anyone know what the "C" stands for? Trailer is painted off white on top and a kind of aqua on lower sides with a dark brown belly pan. Tow vehicle is a '86 Suburban candy apple red with 5.7 V8 and kn air filter and 3" tail pipe/exhaust. Before changing the air filter and tailpipe I got 11.5 miles to US Gallon on a trip to Wash. State. Does this sound about average? Also the trailer front label says it is good for 5600 lbs total load, but with lp gas (two 30#)and a full 40 gal of water, some food and clothing it comes to about 4000lbs. That sounds like a lot of extra toys.
****As has been said before "THIS IS A GREAT SITE"
PS..The pictures don't seem to be working otherwise I would have tried to send some. Just got this in July of 2003 so haven't had a chance to go very far. Hope to go across CANADA one of these days. (8000 miles return trip)- just might be a little crazy for a 67 year young qudruple bypass serviver.
m. Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I got my aluminum sheeting from Lowe's Lumber. I think is was 2' wide and 4' long. It was used to repair a rear lower quarter panel that was torn up after a blowout. I also ran across a source of rolled aluminum sheeting in various thickness but would have to dig up the website from my camper tomorrow.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
My light over the door was shot, so I just went to Auto Zone and got a standard light socket for "side lights" that use the little bulbs. I fashioned a new lense from a piece of opaque plastic from a plastic container. Works for me.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:52 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

light over door

I would talk to Andy at Inland RV.
Repodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:51 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

The lights can be ordered through any Airstream dealer ,they are still being used.
lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Smile Thanks to All for your help.

Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all that replied. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time go's on.
m. Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
When i replaced my clearance lights, I made a bracket and installed a red LED clearance light with a yellow lens. (thought they were clear). Works really well, uses less power, more light. Even though it was sealed good, I was blowing out a light about every six months.
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote