Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
seattle , Washington
Leveling my Argosy

Good morning; Yes, first time out in the Argosy! Having a ball, but there is a reason why they call it "shakedown" trip. We are loving this coach but I cannot for the life of me remember what I've read about how exact you have to be about leveling. I know it's important for the fridge to run properly. Does anyone remember how the gradations on the front bubble level relate to how many inches to level side to side? I know, I should have experimented, but it got lost in the shuffle, and I will just eyeball it until I get the right number of blocks. It would just save a little time. Btw- I have been reading here for some time before we were able to buy our Argosy. You guys are great, so helpful to others. Hopefully I can be too someday. Thanks- Erin

beewranglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
It is very difficult to ever get your coach perfectly level. As long as it is close enough that you feel comfortable inside, the fridge will work just fine. My goal is always to get it as level as possible side to side but leave the curb side slightly high since that is the side our heads are on when in bed.

The front bubble on mine is one that has two way tape and was simply "stuck" on the front. I use it to approximate things but rely on a level I use on the inside floor.

aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
seattle , Washington
Wow, that was fast! Thanks! Will do. I got the side to side bubble close to dead center, but really want to do right by this little trailer. Safe travels- E
beewranglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #4

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
I'll second aftermath's statement... it's only necessary to get it approximately level, perfection is pointless (and I'm obsessive about lots of pointless things!)

There's no standard for a relationship between marks on the stick-on bubble levels and degrees or inches off-level. The trailers all came from the factory without those, and there are many brands of leveling devices. Just get it where round things don't roll around much on the floor, the cabinet doors stay open (if you have any... '79 would be a tambour interior I guess) and the bacon grease doesn't all flow to one side of the skillet.

Remember, every minute you waste perfecting the level could be more productively spent showing off your trailer to an admiring neighbor or having an Adult Beverage!

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote