Old 05-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #15
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Jammer has the solution, just need to find the leak.
I think you could pull the fitting apart at the shower.
Although I have not had to do it, I doubt pulling the shower/tub out is much of a problem, just got to be careful as it will be brittle I think.
When I replaced the copper with pex in ours there was no pipe running between the skins (outer/inner). The hardest part was behind the panel that was below the sink. Ours is a center bath though. That was a pain but doable. I would not be taking off the skin.
I have the complete workshop manual for the trailers and will see what I can find for you but I really dont think you need to pull down any aluminium panels.
In fact, you ought to be able to access the shower/faucet from the rear of the shower. Whats behind it? Must be the bed or a cabinet maybe?

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #16
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
One more thing to throw into the mix (sorry, but it needs to be addressed) and that is the ease with which the water is leaving the trailer. If it can get out, then it can also get in and you need to caulk that when the leak is fixed.
Also need to check for "rear end separation" for which there are many threads.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Keene , California
Hi Bex and Jammer, I have been crawling all around the trailer...I would like to do what you guys have suggested. I now think that the pipes can not be accessed through the back of the trailer and that they sit in the space behind the toilet and shower wall. They exit the cabinet and seem to go into the plastic wall/molding behind the toilet? So I think that the water sprayed from the leak down the inside skin/wall on to the grey water tank which I think is under the shower/floor into the belly pan, ran into the bumper and out the seam of exterior skin at the bumper. There are two large steel structure beams that the waste tanks sit between under the trailer? There is also sheet metal/belly pan that covers the tanks from the road. As for rear-end separation I must have looked like a crazy jumping up and down on the bumper when I was purchasing her; trying to see if it had any give or sag. LOL I weight about 135 lbs so I don't know if I could make the backend fall off, it looks to be straight? Do you think that if I cut the pipes that enter into that plastic wall behind the toilet will I be able to pull them out if unhooked from the shower faucet? Thanks, Vicky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom toilet secret cubby.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	211687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Beams.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	211688  

Old 05-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I would not think a 76 would have a gray water tank?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Waldorf , Maryland
I had a 1977 Argosy that had the same leak. Your pipes run under the sink, and behind the plastic tub/shower, around to the wheel well under the twin bed, then into the kitchen.

Mine had a small door behind the curb side wheel well that opened, and you could see the pipes under the twin bed.

You might be able to get new PEX pipes into the same place that the old pipes are by threading them through, or by cutting the old pipes at both ends, and taping wire to one end, that you could then use to pull the new pipes into place.

S/OS#069
TAC # TX-33
WBCCI #5702
AIR #60387
"Eva" 2004 Classic Limited 34' S/O
"Wall-E" 2012 Ford F250 King Ranch
Air-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Keene , California
Hi Bill M. and Tex-Air, This trailer has a grey water tank...or at lest it has a pull valve for it right next to the city water inlet. Actually I could not open it when I was freaking out thinking that the water was going in there? It is stuck; so that will be the next item to deal with after the leaking pipes. All the water pipes on this trailer are on the roadside and run through the cabinets; over, under or behind the furnace in kitchen and the inverter converter in the bathroom? The hot water heater is also it the kitchen cabinet next to the furnace? Here is the floorplan model with a mock up of the pipes? I'm not the best at drawing with a finger pad lol! I will try to unscrew the shower faucet first sometime during the week and pick up red/blue pex if Home Depot has it. If I can thread the pex through the shower I maybe in business only up to the bath sink; in a previous post I posted a pic of the pipes in the corner under the sink that is a jumble with the pressure regulator and maybe city water inlet. not sure if I''m ready for that yet? Thanks, Vicky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fp_1976_argosy_24 pipes schematic.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	211712  
Old 05-12-2014, 06:55 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Gray tanks started in 73 and 74. Jim
Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Maybe just pull the shower head apart and see if its just in need of service? Then cut and replace if you need to. You might be lucky and thats all it is.