Old 05-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #15

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
Did you replace all the copper, right up to the faucers, or use the old copper and attach to it. I am going to get into plumbing soon.
With the exception of the shower valves, ours is pex all the way to the valves.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Fresno/Clovis , California
Looks like I may be starting with the shower, since it is leaking. Any thoughts on how hard it is to get the faucet out? It has the shower part broken off, guess I need to replace it as I go.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #17

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
Looks like I may be starting with the shower, since it is leaking. Any thoughts on how hard it is to get the faucet out? It has the shower part broken off, guess I need to replace it as I go.
The problem is the pipe connections behind the shower surround. I've avoided that one successfully thus far!

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTransit View Post
Sounds very familar!

It appears youve got a handle on the electric. The hose patches clamped at each end just need to be monitored once you get pressure to be sure they don't leak. The holding tank issue is one I faced as well, PO lived in it with all plumbing set to flow and as expected valves were stuck and tanks needed to be cleaned. I used a service to pressure wash the tanks back to as new. They are a big investment so better to get all of that crap out of there.

My copper under the bath that was accessible from under the coach needed soldering for leaks.

Your definitely hitting on of the worst times, realizing just how much is wrong but thankfully ca all be remedied if you take each series of tasks individually and don't get overhwhelmed.

Oh, and save your coach/bed foam! It should clean up nicely and save you a bunch of money.
There is no bed foam to to save. I plan on moving the one single bed frame that the PO left to the curb side, and expand it to a double bed. The other side, I think I will put a couch on it, like a Futon. Holding tank all is well now. Plumbing a challenge , I think I may have to start on it sooner than I planned. Still a little overwhelmed, but now brake lights. backup and running light work, that is a little positive. Added an electric tongue jack, just have to wire it to battery. LOL
Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
The shower valve is not too bad to get out. Drill out the rivets and get the mounting out. The problem comes in getting a close fit for the elbows into the valve. Shark Bite pex fittings are too large (or were for me) to fit behind the valve and still get the panel mounted. I obviously found something that worked, but I don't recall what it was. You might be able to use the old connections and solder a threaded coupling on so you can transition to pex. Just a thought.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Argonaut20, thanks for the info on the shower valve. Unfortunately for me, the shower is broken. The hose coming out of the body is broken, looks like plastic. I probably have to replace it, and have no idea where to get another one. I am going to do the plumbing in phases, build my manifold, bring one or two facuets on line at a time. Shower may be last.