Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Thorn Hill , Tennessee
How much to ask for my 20'er?

The wife & i have decided to go with a van camper, so the Argy is going up for sale. I haven't done much pricing in the last 2 years, so what is a fair price range?
I have repaired the floor under the shower pan, put in peel & stick tile, re-plumbed with pex, replaced the stove with a microwave, installed a porcelin head & painted the front inner cap.
It needs a new torsion axle(but this one isin't completly gone yet), & a new paint job. The old furnace needs to be pulled & a small wall mout heater would be plenty. It needs new window seals which i have but they should be done after paint. Overall i would rate it at a 7 out of 10 in it's present state. I paid $3500 & have quite a bit of time & $ in it.

RD
MotorSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
How about a few more photos and info on the interior options/ layout? I would check out the classifieds/e-bay/tin-can-tourists/forums classifieds to find something comparable to you for price references. Sometimes east coast stuff tends to go cheaper than west cost trailers.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Van
4 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Hillsboro , Oregon
I would think you could get $5k-$6k without much trouble. I sold my '78 Minuet for $4500 after paying $3000 for it. I would say it was probably a 5/6 out of 10. Similar issues as yours.
former '77 23' Safari owner
former 25' Fun Finder X-250BHS SOB owner
current 26' Komfort Trailblazer 262BSLE SOB owner
Van is offline   Reply With Quote