Old 06-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Manistee , Michigan
Question Hot Water Heater

Does any one have any thoughts on what make Hot water heater I can install in my 7.3 minuet. The unit must be 110volt electric
Thanks all
Dave G.
Manistee, Mi

Dave G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
Corona , California
Originally Posted by Dave G. View Post
Does any one have any thoughts on what make Hot water heater I can install in my 7.3 minuet. The unit must be 110volt electric
Thanks all
Dave G.
Manistee, Mi

There are several good brands of water heaters. Atwood and Suburban are a couple of the top names familiar to Airstream owners.

By the way, Airstream and Argosy trailers and motorhomes, never used "hot water heaters."

But they did use "cold water heaters."

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Why on earth would anyone need to heat hot water?

I've seen many Atwood water heaters, standard 6 gallon type would most likely work.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Minuet Water Heater

Greetings Dave!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Minuet ownership!

My suggestion would be to consider a dual fuel water heater if you must have the electric option. If you plan to do much traveling with your Minuet, I am afraid that you might regret having an electric only water heater. Despite my dislike of LP or natural gas appliances, I went with a relatively standard Atwood 6 gallon propane only model with the standard pilot light for my Minuet (my dealer advised me that it was a near direct replacement for the original water heater). It is quite efficient and has been comparatively trouble-free over the past five seasons.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote