Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
I love this forum! 3.5 years later and this is still useful and critically helpful information.

While we don’t do winter camping (yet), I hadn’t given thought to the tanks freezing. I’m in the process of planning out the new black/grey/water tank placements and had intended to pull the furnace (weight, noise, overkill based on our needs) and use a marine “fireplace” unit (not the one referred to in post #37) and haven’t decided yet on heat pump/ac or split system ac.

Back to the drawing boards.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:49 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
adding gray tank to Argosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinj79 View Post
I have a scheme laid out to add a gray tank to my 1974 20'. The tank will go under the side bed (replacing the inoperative central heater). The bath tub will get a masicator followed by a pump to get water from the tub drain up to the gray tank, sinks will still gravity drain. I'll provide more details when I get around to it.
Hi ... how did that work out in the end?
nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I installed what I call a secondary grey water tank under the curb side bunk of our 26' Argosy. The original tank is only 12 gallons. The secondary tank is 21 gallons. When the original tank is full I pump it in to the secondary tank. The secondary tank has it's own dump valve. When both tanks are full I empty the original tank using the original dump valve. I then open the secondary dump valve. The grey water flows thru the original tank and out.
When both tanks are empty I close both dump valves.
I chose this method wrather than tearing into the belly of the beast.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
I installed what I call a secondary grey water tank under the curb side bunk of our 26' Argosy. The original tank is only 12 gallons. The secondary tank is 21 gallons. When the original tank is full I pump it in to the secondary tank. The secondary tank has it's own dump valve. When both tanks are full I empty the original tank using the original dump valve. I then open the secondary dump valve. The grey water flows thru the original tank and out.
When both tanks are empty I close both dump valves.
I chose this method wrather than tearing into the belly of the beast.
So your trailer came with a gray water tank ? post '74? This doesn't have any gray water tank at all ... I'd have to go into the belly pan area and rig a tank in between the trailer chassis cross members and then feed bathroom water back to it ... sounds a lot of work and I'm not all that skilled ...
Old 12-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdbraverman View Post
I'm going to have to remove the bathroom floor and do some rot repair. The rear crossmember is rotted out. While I have it apart back there, I'll engineer a way to fit the biggest tank I can. When I get there. I'll post details.
Hi, how did this go ?
Old 02-07-2023, 01:52 PM   #46

1974 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Do you have an update on your plumbing schematic? I have a '74 21 foot globetrotter airstream... I am having a really hard time with fitting any tank where the old one was. Thank you!
AdryNikky is offline   Reply With Quote