Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Front dinette

Well, eating with our plates in our laps has gotten old, fast. I would like to remove the front couch and install a dinette where the front couch is now (we have the twin goucho).
Does anyone have an extra front dinette for the early 20' trailer? If you do, would you be interested in swapping for the front couch? If not, does anybody know where we could purchase one?
I am pretty good and removing and installing, but most of my manufacturing efforts tend to look like something cooked up in Dr. Frankenstein's lab...
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Does your unit not have the fold away table?
We love our Goucho and the fold up table. We figure if the weathers bad the kids will have some room to play on the floor with that set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	as3r.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2596  
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:13 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Fold away table? What fold away table?

Does your unit not have the fold away table?
We love our Goucho and the fold up table. We figure if the weathers bad the kids will have some room to play on the floor with that set up.

A foldaway table would probably be better than major surgery, however, I don't have one of those.

Okay, my revised question:
ahem... Does anybody have a foldaway table for the front goucho they would be willing to part with?
Terry
(in Florida)
Old 08-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Re: Fold away table? What fold away table?

Quote:
Originally posted by argosy20
Okay, my revised question:
ahem... Does anybody have a foldaway table for the front goucho they would be willing to part with?
Terry
(in Florida)
I don't currently have a CW catalog, but Camping World normally carries a folding table that is essentially the same as used by Airstream.

Also, my TrailManor had a very suitable folding table. If you could find a wrecked TM it should be quite cheap. the TM table was very light; the top surface was foam cored between wood layers.

I got rid of the dinette in my trailer; dinettes are uncomfortable. I got real tired of sitting side-saddle to watch TV.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:12 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
changing lanes or lanes that change

just got back from the santa clara unit rally at neils vineyard vacaville ca,with my 62 globetrotter. freeway 680 to 80 east it seems does change back and forth from 2 to 3 to 4 lanes and back to 2 lanes something to look out for when towing a trailer and needing tom keep over to the right 2 lanes by law. i mean that you literally dont have to do anything and yo can eventually wind up in one of the left lanes or 3rd lane over, seems theyve changed a few things since ive been on thru there, caught a ticket from t6he old solano p.d. who was really cool and knew about the problem. said he wouldnt have bothered me if i was doin 65 in either of the 2 right lanes, would rather i was although he would not tell me to do so but leaned toward the keepin up with traffic thing,i guessed he must have only been following me for about the last mile or so about where i must have gotten squeezed over. its easy to do and it can take a bit to undo with traffic either side of you. oh well something to look out for besides s.u.v.'s wayne wunder w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#1859 62 globetrotter/99 safari 70gmc/98gmc trucks
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:33 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
New Florence , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to mkeith54 Send a message via Yahoo to mkeith54
Thumbs up Fold up table?

Actually I do, if you can figure a way to get it from central MO to you you can have it. It is out of a mid 70's A/S and was 4 Incehes to wide to fit in the space I allocated for it in our trailer.
mkeith54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Adventures in Dining

If you can give me the dimensions, and approximate weight, I can check with my friends with the brown trucks. We have an account with them, so I may be able to print a "call tag" for it, and mail it to you.
Of course, it may cost more for UPS than for a new table...
Terry
(in Florida)
Old 08-12-2003, 08:47 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
New Florence , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to mkeith54 Send a message via Yahoo to mkeith54
Terry,

After I get back from our local rally I'll pull the table out and measure and and weigh it. We sould be back Sunday and I'll try to do it Monday. Things are kind of hectic at the moment, this is the first rally we have hosted and I keep thinking of more things I should be doing.
mkeith54 is offline   Reply With Quote