Old 12-30-2015, 10:13 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Griffin , Georgia
I'm very happy with my electric water heater. And my electric refrigerator. And I've gotten lots of compliments on the open floor plan.

paddle whisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:58 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1975 Argosy 26
Tulsa , Oklahoma
My 1975 Argosy 26 is a little different setup, but I literally just removed the refrigerator (and everything else) a couple of weeks ago. Photos of the Demo can be found here:

The fridge related photos are towards the back of the album.

Mine had floor screws, and a 'Bracket (wide bent metal strip)' that was attached to the frame, as can be seen in these photos:

And of course, it had propane hookups that needed to be disconnected.

Also, I'm pretty sure mine had been serviced since someone wrote profanity in the soot behind the fridge :-)

I'm not sure any of this will apply to your Argosy, but I thought the photos might help give you an idea of the methods they used for attaching fridges to the Argosy's back in the day.

DDOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Anywhere , South Carolina
Yes I found two of those "homemade" brackets also. Laughing at your service note.
Luke55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Anywhere , South Carolina
I got a chance to try out my shower yesterday, and my two gallon electric water heater is totally unsatisfactory. Will be looking for a propane on demand heater
Luke55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:35 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Have a look at the PrecisionTemp 550 or the Atwood equivalent. We installed a PrecisionTemp unit with a bare aluminum door (just request it) and it looks great and makes wife very happy during her long hot showers. Fits into the hole left by s 6 gallon Atwood with minor height adjustment.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
'The Silver HamShack' (2007 International 22FB CCD 75th Aniversary model)
Multiple Yaesu Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:16 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member
1976 24' Argosy 24
Milford , New Jersey
Originally Posted by mandolindave View Post
There are two easy diagnostic procedures that can be performed without taking the fridge out.

#1 Turn it on…see if it gets cold ( you did that )

#2 Open the access door. Look for oozing greenish gold toxic ammonia gas, and massive quantities of rust on the coil and pipes.

Next…find someone who will work on them. Ask their hourly rate. Ask for a guestimate of how long it will take and how much parts would be.

I had a friendship, and respect for my restoration guy ( Ron at South Jersey RV ) He said. " You don't have to replace your fridge…but I'm taking it out ". BTW mine was leaking, and still could freeze eggs and milk set on less than 1/2
There's one more easy check.You didn't say if you tried it on propane, but if you've only ever used it on electric then From the access door outside locate the heating element in the chimney stack. If the heating element is bad there will be no convection and therefore no cooling.

Gkiesel is offline   Reply With Quote