We have a 26ft 1972 Argosy trailer. It's been sitting in our garage for many years. We would like to dust it off and start traveling with the family. However, it needs some work.
* The end caps have a little rust on them, so I need to repaint them. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of paint I should be using?
* I de-winterized the water lines and hooked up the "city water" inlet. When I turned on the water source, water started pouring out from the back bumper. Does anyone know what that was all about?
* Before we hook up the LPG, I assume that we should do some kind of inspection on the lines. Do we need to have a professional do this, or is there a way to do it ourselves?
* The outside access doors, like for the refrigerator and hot water heater, are loose and would fall off the first time we went over a bump. The previous owner used duct tape to hold them on. I think that looks really tacky. Has anyone else dealt with that issue?
* Ok, here's the big question....
Before we start hauling this trailer around, we would really like to know that the axels and rolling stock are in good condition. Is there a way to inspect them with out pulling off the pan? What problems usually develop under there, that we should be checking out.
I know these are allot of questions. We are just starting this project and I'm open to any suggestions and ideas that you all may have.