Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 22
Murray , UT
Finally Made It !!

Well after many Years of searching or quest has payed off !! We are now the proud new caretakers of a 1975 Argosy 22' !! Just wanted to shout that out !! Looking forward to many posts and replies .. Because like anything that is 35+ she is going to need some Tlc !!

Thank You

Boot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2464081071.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	155682  
Bootsinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1965 30' Sovereign
Ottumwa , Iowa
welcome and not a too bad of a looking camper looks like it was taken care of im pretty new to the forum myself and have found it to be very useful on finding out just about anything you need
cjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. That sure is a nice looking trailer. We'd love to see more pictures.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Finally Made It !!

Greetings Boot!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosy ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsinister View Post
Well after many Years of searching or quest has payed off !! We are now the proud new caretakers of a 1975 Argosy 22' !! Just wanted to shout that out !! Looking forward to many posts and replies .. Because like anything that is 35+ she is going to need some Tlc !!

Thank You

Boot
I am sure that your Argosy 22 will give you many years of enjoyment. The coach appears to have been very well cared for. You have a good start with what appears to be a comparatively recent paint job with some nice graphics added. The rock guard for the Panoramic window is a plus that you will really appreciate during your travels as the original clear panoramic windows are not available in the replacement market except through salvage yards . . . new panoramic windows are available through Airstream but they have the solar gray tint.

Enjoy your Argosy!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:

Thank You

Boot
That's a pretty Argosy! Welcome to the Forums.

Don't worry about the TLC it'll want, the brand new ones always want their owners' attention anyway, and with the Argosy you have something even more unusual than an Airstream. We've been on 9 trips since late June 2011 (6 of those to Airstream gatherings), and haven't seen another Argosy camping yet!

More pictures!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 22
Murray , UT
Thanks For the Reply's !!! I have been looking for an argosy specifically and am excited to have come across one that has been so well loved !! If any one has seen this beast and has any stories we would live to hear them !! Pick up was a 700 mile round trip and it towed like it wasn't there !!! I am thinking the paint is original any chance of that being true !! Thanks can't wait to dive into the clean up !!

Boot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4195678344.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	155693   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3208678324.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	155694  

Name:	image-2976109825.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	155695   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1528249746.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	155696  

Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
Just what we were looking for and gave up on ever finding..

Welcome,., and you are darn lucky to find one that nice.. We gave in and got a72 27' overlander and are happy with it.

Worth the time to just sit and read advice here first before getting in to deep with your new trailer.. It helps alot to first know what to look for and then how to fix it.

Our Airstream had a huge hole sawed behind the bed as the PO did not know how to get to the inverter,, (from the outside).

We cleaned and poked around with ours the first few days while I spent most of my time on line reading what I got myself into. So far no surprises as we knew it needed axles, and alot of TLC.

Good bunch here,, years of wisdom by doing it wrong the first try I bet..

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Finally Made It !!

Greetings Boot!

Quote:
Thanks For the Reply's !!! I have been looking for an argosy specifically and am excited to have come across one that has been so well loved !! If any one has seen this beast and has any stories we would live to hear them !! Pick up was a 700 mile round trip and it towed like it wasn't there !!! I am thinking the paint is original any chance of that being true !! Thanks can't wait to dive into the clean up !!

Boot
The basic body color appears to be very close to the original, but the banana wraps have definitely been repainted as the original banana wraps would have been a solid color and the rubrail and beltline inserts would have been Argosy Orange in 1975. The hitch, banana wraps and rear bumper would have been a medium brown color in 1975. That is one of the fun things with an Argosy . . . the paint can be customized to suit one's taste without raising issues with collectability.

Enjoy your Argosy 22!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #9

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
The photos look great, I'm sure you'll enjoy this trailer.

I see from the interior photos you have the same problem we had with ours, the faded, chalky-looking plastic locker latches. It's an easy fix that makes a surprising difference in the look of the interior. Fellow AIRForums Argosy owner recommended spraypaint for plastic, and I was delighted with the results and posted a thread about it here.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 04-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 22
Murray , UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX
The photos look great, I'm sure you'll enjoy this trailer.

I see from the interior photos you have the same problem we had with ours, the faded, chalky-looking plastic locker latches. It's an easy fix that makes a surprising difference in the look of the interior. Fellow AIRForums Argosy owner recommended spraypaint for plastic, and I was delighted with the results and posted a thread about it here.
Awesome Thanks for the tip !! I haven't even been inside since the first night home :-( .. Busy with work but looking forward to some quality time on Thursday my next day off !! Been working 13s so not much time for anything .. In your photos I noticed a different laminate on your upper cabinet doors ?? Is that stock ? Ours has annoying floral wall paper .. But only on the upper flip up doors ? Can't wait to figure out a more modern looking fix as the paper is shot .. Thanks for your posts we are very excited to have an Argosy !! I like rare one offs and feel the argosy is just different enough !!

Best

Boot
Old 04-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #11

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Mine has newer/nicer wallpaper on the upper lockers & some walls.