Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 22
austinburg , Ohio
Early '70s Argosy Parts

Hello,i just received a whole trailer full of Argosy parts.I only needed a couple to complete my Argosy so there is allot of extra interior parts,cabinets, 2 gouchos,bathroom sink,toilet,shower ,tub curtain (original),kitchen sink,stove,counter top,working refrigerator,cushions,shades,water heater,furnace,faucets,any interior piece is here.Please let me know if you need any items,i can send pictures.Thank you very much.These are to nice to waste.
Take care
Terry and tammy
jungleterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Wow! An Argosy treasure chest!

How is the foam in the gauchos? I don't have gauchos in mine but I think I've read here on the forums that you can't get this same quality of foam on the market today. Working on plans to convert my front sofa to a dinette/bed and possibly add some bunks to the rear. Will need some additional foam for both projects. You can send pics to my email if you think they are worth reusing.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Do the cabinets have the tambour doors (or are they flip-ups with the underside clip/latch)? If so I'd be interested in them also. All of my upper cabinets are poor quality IMHO and really make the interior scream "help me, please"
Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 22
austinburg , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsdad View Post
Wow! An Argosy treasure chest!

How is the foam in the gauchos? I don't have gauchos in mine but I think I've read here on the forums that you can't get this same quality of foam on the market today. Working on plans to convert my front sofa to a dinette/bed and possibly add some bunks to the rear. Will need some additional foam for both projects. You can send pics to my email if you think they are worth reusing.
Hello ,the foam in the seats all seem in great condition,still very full not flat.I have the side and front gaucho sections.Also have the gaucho frames with slides.I will send a few pics tomorrow for you.
Take care
Terry and Tammy
Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 22
austinburg , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsdad View Post
Do the cabinets have the tambour doors (or are they flip-ups with the underside clip/latch)? If so I'd be interested in them also. All of my upper cabinets are poor quality IMHO and really make the interior scream "help me, please"
Hello,i have the above cabinets that go above the stove and the section that goes above the side gaucho.These flip up and have a slide latch that locks in place to keep them up.I can send pictures tomorrow for sure.I was so busy today just getting it all kinda organized.let me know if these sound like the ones you need.I have a 74 Argosy Brochure and they are pictured in there.
take care
Terry and Tammy
Old 12-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
dobson , North Carolina
I could use a sink w/ small counter top if the one you have fits a 78 argosy 27 with rear bath.Ours is cracked. I also need one of the Tambour doors that fit the upper openings over the twin center beds, a bath vent motor with fan wheel, plus a furnace.Ours lights the pilot, but won't kick on to heat the cabin.
Bob C Dobson, NC
dryenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Dryenko:
About the furnace: 1st check to see if you have one of the models on the recall list.
To check out the existing furnace as to why it does come on.
When you turn up the thermostat. Do you hear the blower running? If the blower isn't running the main gas valve will not open. If the blower runs and the burner doesn't light. It could be the sail switch. There are sources on the Internet to help you with trouble shooting. Chances are the furnace will have to be removed to check it out. Good Luck
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 22
austinburg , Ohio
Hello Dryenko,if you would send me a picture of your sink ,doors etc. i will see if the ones i have match.The furnace, if you need one i do have.the sink and counter top are in really great shape,better then the one i have in mine .plenty of doors and latches just need to make sure therer correct for your Argosy.My direct email for pictures
jungle@adelphia.net
Hope i can help you .
Terry and Tammy
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
I just purchased a 1978 Argosy Minuet (6 Metre). Do you still have any extra parts? I would be especially interested in Tambour doors for the overhead storage....all five of them, as well as new vents for the roof (the old ones have almost crumbled from the UV), and a three-way light for overhead. Thanks
GLovedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #10

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLovedahl View Post
I just purchased a 1978 Argosy Minuet (6 Metre). Do you still have any extra parts? I would be especially interested in Tambour doors for the overhead storage....all five of them, as well as new vents for the roof (the old ones have almost crumbled from the UV), and a three-way light for overhead. Thanks
Greetings, welcome to the forums and all that... we've got a ton of members for Fort Worth!

If you have roof vents with plastic lids, you might consider replacing them with FantasticFans instead of looking for an original replacement. You'll get modern, more-durable plastics and FF's excellent customer service and warranty. I'm considering replacing my original powered vent with a MaxxFan vent that can stay open in the rain, but the originals (metal-lid Hehr vents) don't leak and the original fan works so that's low on the priority list.

From your parts list it sounds like you may be a long way from ready-to-camp, but we often have campouts reasonably close to Fort Worth with Heart of Texas Camping Unit (WBCCI) and we welcome guests and prospective members.

PS: I forgot to mention, everyone wants to see pictures of your new-to-you Minuet!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
I could use 3 of the chromed window handle ends, the ones with the small allen locking nut. Shall I PM you or how do you want to arrange it?

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Early '70s Argosy Parts

Greetings Glovedahl!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Minuet ownership!

Quote:
My suggestion would be to consider new tambour material. There are several varieties available, and the manufacturing method has improved since the tambour was produced for our coaches. When I ordered new tambour for my Minuet, I went with Birch and had a "whitewash" stain finish applied and the result was fantastic. The wood tambour isn't adversly affected by high heat as my plastic laminate tambour had suffered. Two 4' x 8' sheets of tambour provided more than enough material to replace all of the tambour in my Minuet. You can find tambour from the following sources:I would also suggest considering Fantastic Vents as replacements for your vents with crumbling covers. I have had all of the vents on both of my coaches replaced with Fantastic Vents and couldn't be happier, and as has already been mentioned, their product support is among the best.

Reproduction of the shades for the original round light fixtures were available the last time that I checked. The three position switch might still be available through Airstream parts sources, but would also likely be available as a generic replacement. If you aren't striving for a true restoration, there are many new fixtures out there that are more efficient in their power use and produce as much illumination or more than the OEM type fixtures.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
This forum is amazing.....I sure appreciate the feedback from both Rivet Master and Overlander 64. I'm less apprehensive about taking on this new "hobby" of restoring the little Minuet now that I know there is lots of support and information out there. Thanks everyone.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Does anyone know where to find a fuse block for a 1978 Argosy Minuet?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Early '70s Argosy Parts

Greetings GLovedahl!

Quote:
Does anyone know where to find a fuse block for a 1978 Argosy Minuet?
You have several options when approaching the 12-volt fuse panel. There are a few modern power converters that have built-in fuse panels similar to the original Univolt, but there isn't a large selection of potential models with this feature. Most automotive parts stores as well as automotive stereo stores often sell 12-volt fuse panels that can be adapted for service in an RV with minimal changes. It is also possible to purchase an electric service panel that combines 120-Volt AC breakers on one portion with 12-volt fuses or breakers on the other portion.

When my Minuet needed a new power converter to replace its original Univolt, I purchased a new Magnatek converter that was then being used in new Airstreams. This converter had a built-in fuse block with modern automotive "blade-type" fuses. The only thing that I don't like about this particular converter is that it has a tendency to boil the electrolyte if left plugged-in while the coach is idle . . . . it is better than the original Univolt, but still not ideal in terms of battery life.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #16

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
The general recommendation is to use a modern fuse block that uses the blade-type automotive fuses. This one made by Progressive Dynamics is what the PO installed in my '75 Argosy, and it works well. There may be other sources for it, that's just the first one I came across with a photo and a description.

The advantage of that one or one like it is that the fuse block is "stand alone" and just needs to be mounted somewhere, it includes a cover to protect the fuses and the structure of the fuse block stands it off whatever you're mounting to.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #17

1972 Argosy 20
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleterry View Post
Hello,i just received a whole trailer full of Argosy parts.I only needed a couple to complete my Argosy so there is allot of extra interior parts,cabinets, 2 gouchos,bathroom sink,toilet,shower ,tub curtain (original),kitchen sink,stove,counter top,working refrigerator,cushions,shades,water heater,furnace,faucets,any interior piece is here.Please let me know if you need any items,i can send pictures.Thank you very much.These are to nice to waste.
Take care
Terry and tammy
Hi

I just bought a 1972 20' Argosy. It's real nice all original, even got owners manual.
I need a few parts;

Roof vent cover for plumbing
Shower panel that the hot and cold knobs stick out from.

Is there a front cover available to protect the windows?

Thank you
Jim
jcinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:21 PM   #18

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinak View Post
Hi

I just bought a 1972 20' Argosy. It's real nice all original, even got owners manual.
I need a few parts;

Thank you
Jim
You can use the same front cover that a narrow-body Airstream does if you want a hard cover. Some of us use canvas covers with high-density foam for a bit less protection but easy removal.

The plumbing vent parts are standard-issue Airstream.

The shower panel is the tough one. I don't know of any reproductions that are on the market.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 AM   #19
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Quote:
Hi

I need a few parts;

Thank you
Jim
There are several places in the USA that you can buy the items you need. In addition, use the search function for the rock guards that have been made by many on the forums.

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #20

1972 Argosy 20
Anchorage , Alaska
Thanks for the help

Quote:
Hi

I need a few parts;

Thank you
Jim

Thanks for the suggestions. I will use your advice and take care of my new baby.
jcinak is offline   Reply With Quote