Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Topping , Virginia
Dripping hose

On my 79 Minuet 7.3 there is a drain hose about 1/2"D right next to and. exiting from the same hole as the city water inlet. It has begun dripping a drop every 5 secs or so when I turn on the city water supply. I can't trace it as it seems to disappear behind the blackwater tank. Does any one know what is attached to? What it is for? Maybe some sort of overflow but for what?
Paul

PS. Sure am finding some odd problems on a long vacation.
tarnished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
There is a valve that will release water from the pipes if the pressure gets too high. It could be faulty.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Topping , Virginia
Sounds reasonable but it sure isn't anywhere I can see. I also have a new pressure reducer. I'll try changing it back if I have the old one with me.
Thanks
Paul
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Dripping hose

Greetings Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnished View Post
Sounds reasonable but it sure isn't anywhere I can see. I also have a new pressure reducer. I'll try changing it back if I have the old one with me.
Thanks
Paul
I haven't had the opportunity to see a 7.3 Metre Minuet in-person, but my understanding is that it utilizes the same bathroom as both the 6.0 and 6.7 Metre Minuets. My guess is that the 7.3's plumbing at the rear will be similar to that of the 6.0/6.7 coaches. The pressure regulator on my 6.0 Metre Minuet is located on the floor of the rear, streetside 3/4 length wardrobe. It is located in something of a "blind" location next to the gray water tank. Repairing or replacing the valve is a challenge that may involve removing the gray water tank for access . . . I am not absolutely certain as I have yet to reinstall my Minuet's gray water tank as the original owner removed it and I still have it stored in my garage.

Both my Overlander and Minuet have Watts pressure regulator valves very similar to the one in the photo below:

The description that I have for the valve is as follows:
Watts N250B-1/2 1/2-Inch Bronze Pressure Reducer Valve for Water Service Compact

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Topping , Virginia
Thank you gentlemen. Finally located the valve. Had a freeze here a few weeks ago and that may be what damaged it. Considering I'm not contortionist it's going to stay as is.
Thanks again
Paul