Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #1
lascassas_camper

1975 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Gatlinburg , Tennessee
Door Closers

What do I need to use to keep my cabinet doors closed while towing my trailer? My trailer was missing the original interior, I've installed cabinets now and need something to keep the doors and drawers closed during travel. THX
Apache_Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
You'll need some type of cabinet latch that has a catch to hold the door closed. Some of them have a push button you press to release the catch so you can open the door. These provide a postive latching sytem to hold the door closed while traveling. Out of Doors Mart, Vintage Trailer Supply, and Inland RV all sell various different styles. I'm sure other places do as well. If you have a local RV parts store you can visit, might be worth the trip to go see what they have. Even Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc. might have ones you could use since you're not trying to match something that's already there. Look for a postive latching system, not just magnets.

Chris
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Child locks

I have installed child locks on the new cabinetry that I have built and on many of the original Airstream drawers. The locks require me to open the drawer about 2 1/2" and depress a plastic piece before the drawer will fully open.

The child locks came in a package of 8 and were real cheap.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
A couple of places to look

Vintage Trailer Supply - Vintage travel trailer parts and supplies!
Fasteners : ODMRV , Out-of-Doors Mart
kennethowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
I ordered latches from D.B Roberts Company (dbroberts.com) to use to keep the drawer on the night stand and the console drawer from falling out. These latches are identical to the cabinet door latches used on our Airstream Classic. Their model number for this latch is C3-810. I suspect they may be the supplier to Airstream. They work real well.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
lascassas_camper

1975 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Gatlinburg , Tennessee
I ended up buying the child proof cabinet door lock kits from Lowes, it was cheaper and seems to work well. THX
Apache_Camp is offline   Reply With Quote