Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 22 Rear Door
1962 19' Globetrotter
Vian , Oklahoma
Question Dining Table

Hello again! Can anyone tell me the size of the table in my unit? Mine is gone, i have the metal poles and there is 2 holes in the floor in front of the L shaped couch. Also what is the best cleaner to clean the walls? I think i can clean them without having to paint. Well back to the project! Thanks Pam

Old 08-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
Aluminum Addict

Gastonia , North Carolina
Cleaning the Walls

There are threads to find more info than I can give. Personally, I use a citrus based cleaner and a teflon scrubbing pad. I have a friend that swears by soft scrub and a scrubbie pad.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Cleaners & table

Hi Pam - we also have a '75 Argy with the front door. When we bought ours, the ceiling was soooo sticky that bugs & gnats were stuck to it!

So, we used the citrus base De-Solve-it contractor's solvent, rinsed well, then used a good vinyl cleaner. Once clean, we applies acrylic flloor wax to the ceiling to prevent that sicky feeling returning.

We also have a table with two aluminum legs. There are two sets of legs - one long for "table mode" & one short set for "bed mode." If you look at our pictures, you can see the green table. I'll have to measure it; it seems it's about 48" long by 20"+ wide. Basically, it fills in the "L" shape to make a bed.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Thorn Hill , Tennessee
Can't help on the table, mine is set up differently. You should not have to paint unless the aluminum has corroded behind the vinyle covering. If that has happened nothing will clean it. The vinyl is very tough and it will come clean with some work. We used Krud Kutter, Home Desperate has it and it worked excellent. I have found myself using it for alot of other cleaning projects because it works so well and the smell is non offending.
What you may want to paint is the ABS interior end caps, mine had faded to a miserable yellow color. Some sanding, alot of masking tape, covering everything inside for the overspray & a few cans of Krylon fusion will make them look new.
RD
Old 09-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie3265
Hello again! Can anyone tell me the size of the table in my unit? Mine is gone, i have the metal poles and there is 2 holes in the floor in front of the L shaped couch. Also what is the best cleaner to clean the walls? I think i can clean them without having to paint. Well back to the project! Thanks Pam
I used to try to scrub the adhesive sticky off the walls until I received an excellent piece of advice from one of the commercial vendors on here.
He told me to use Future Floor Wax and it will seal it up. I was skeptical at first but it works! I have not had to reapply it and the new owner of my 1977 Minuet has had no tackiness yet either. Three years running and no problems. No scrubbing and no streaking either.