Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Dang this part of the thread seems dead

If I don't post my mistakes or re-do's on my Argosy this place seems to loose it's luster.

IMO, Any post is interesting. I have read every post in the Argosy trailer section since becoming a member here.
To me NOTHING can not be interesting.

Post up. Please.

LOL

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Used my New "wood" floor material on my Fridge door.

Shane
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
It's winter. Many, myself included, don't work too much on their trailers. Keep up the work.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Huntersville , North Carolina
1972 26' ' Argosy

Well, Howdy Arlington!!!!!!!!!!!!! Half-time of the game, so I thought I'd upload some pics now that I'm home. Go COWBOYS!! Sorry, but I've been accidentally posting on the Argosy Motorhome thread instead of this one. So, here goes. You can follow my threads over there. Looking for advice on a proposed purchase price for this trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbongo10 View Post
Now I'm in a pickle. I've found another Craigslist Argosy and it looks to be solid and in great shape. 1972 26' Argosy. No leaks, no weak spots, no dings, the only flaws are the underskirt on the outside is all dented and it is completely stripped on the exterior- ready for paint. I'm also told the awning is intact and in fair condition. The interior has been re-floored, upholstery recovered, new curtains, everything else original. Now, the owner doesn't have any of the exterior lights which were removed by previous owner to paint; and, the current owner has never had at a campsite, so is unsure if holding tanks, gas (heat,stove, water heater, etc) work. They do have all the exterior emblems/nameplates and new tires(although not original rims). I'm trying to find a time to drive 1 1/2 hours to see this in person, but the pictures look great. What would you give for this? They're asking $3,000- which I won't give them, but what should I hit them back with? I'm willing to pay $2,000 but that's just because I really want it. What is reasonable with the need to get out the dings, paint, and light it up?
Here are the long awaited pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4150638.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	93817   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4150639.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	341.9 KB
ID:	93818  

Name:	P4150649.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	93819   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4150640.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	93820  

Name:	P4150641.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	93821   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4150642.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	93822  

Name:	P4150643.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	93823   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4150644.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	93824  

Name:	P4150647.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	93825   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4150648.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	93826  

ashbongo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Oh look, decals on the inside of the door! I love that, gives it provenance. Something to add your own history to as you travel! Looks like a pretty decent trailer, pretty clean. If everything works, giving them an offer might be in order. The worst that can happen is they say no, and then you have a bargaining point.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Nice pics. Time to ditch the 'Currently looking....' label in your profile
Looks like you found a great trailer.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
Looks really good!

I had planned work this winter but ended up staying in mine while i'm out of town!

Look forward to more pics!

Al
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
--Mark Twain
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
West Linn , Oregon
Ashbongo - love the trailer! Good luck; we can't imagine life without ours. We didn't know much about trailers of any kind when we bought it - boy, did we get lucky. I wish we had known about this forum before we got it, though. We would have felt a lot more confident in our decision. We felt we had to decide quickly - another couple was coming to look at it an hour later. We had it hooked up & ready to move out when they arrived! We ended up getting it for $2800, then put another $1000 into it to get it ready to camp. We had to buy foam & cut cushions for all the beds, plus upholster them, and make all new curtains. Since we did it ourselves, the fabric work has 'character'. But we think it looks good, and it's served us well over the last 3 years! We've probably put in another $1000 or more since then - new toilet, new door lock assembly, hot water heater, etc. This year, we'll be putting on new tires. It never seems to end, but we wouldn't trade it for the world!

Shane, we would love to be doing more to the trailer this time of year (and therefore post more entries), but at the moment my father in law is here for an extended visit, so our 17 year old son has been booted out of his room to the trailer. Now it smells like a locker room & looks like a Goodwill store exploded inside. I can't get anything done until he moves back to his bedroom!

We plan to install a new shower curtain rod from Camping World that will give us some more elbow room in there. I have a feeling we'll have to modify the rod to make it work, so we'll definitely take pictures. We just got a new camera & have to try it out. I've also been inspired by reading other threads, and plan to clean the oven & check to see how well it works. I can't wait to go camping & make biscuits and meatloaf and cookies and, and...!

We do enjoy reading all the posts here, so don't stop now!

Sharon & Sean
sharbours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Lacey , Washington
Busy Working on the 78 Argosy Today in Western WA

Greetings,

I can not say enough how much the forum has helped!! We are "Calking" with the correct compound for leaks today. Yesterday we read lots of posts on the subject.

I am resting. My hubby is still doing it. We brought it to the house to lift the rug. We found some leaking. Decided we needed to stop the leaks before we finished the floor. The weather has been good for 3 days. So we have been racing against the rain. Hope to finish before dark! We store it at the WA Harbor just minutes from the house. Our Home Owners Association has strick rules about RVs, etc.

Thanks for all the tips! It helps us continue on our journey.
jjustice is offline   Reply With Quote