Old 11-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Eugene , Oregon
Convert gaucho to dinette

Looking at a 1979 22' minuet with a gaucho couch in front. Would rather have a dinette, is it possible to find the parts or rebuild a dinette section?

bebling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Member Safari Tim built a dinette a few years ago. You might send him a message.

1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Yep it pretty common change over. You can buy pre built dinette tables, or build your own.
Not all those who wonder are lost.
Silverflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Eugene , Oregon
Dinette table

Yes, I think the table would be no problem. I am more concerned with the structure under the seat cushions.
bebling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Northwest , Missouri
I picked up a nice dinette from a 2005 Forest River that I found on Craigslist to replace my front gaucho. I couldn't stand sitting with my back to the big front window, I'm just freaky that way. Why pull your trailer to some beautiful spot in the wild only to sit looking down the center of the trailer?
OldVwHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
I built one for my '72 Tradewind.
The woodwork for the benchs is pretty straight forward. 2x2 and 1x2's with veneer plywood of your choice. The best part was being able to make the benchs fit the diminutive sive of my better half.
The down side is that cushions will set you back some big bucks if you can't do the upholstery yourself.

AirForums # 2806
WBCCI / VAC # 6411

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.
Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master
1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
You might really think about it before getting rid of the gaucho. Everyone has different ideas but we spend many hours sitting there at night and on rainy days when camping watching movies and reading. We have a small folding aluminum table that we use when we eat inside but most times we eat outside (we don't camp much in the winter). My Trade Wind came with a front dinette and side gaucho (both were gone when I bought it). I bought a gaucho frame from a buddy and built a dinette for the curb side. I figured we would eat there all the time. Not so. When we camp my wife sleeps on the dinette and I sleep on the gaucho. Once she has her sleeping bag and pillows out and the table down in the sleeping position it is just too much trouble to set it back up as a dinette when we have the folding table and can sit on the gaucho and watch TV when we eat. Just sharing what we do, hope it helps.
Bruce & Rachel
68 Trade Wind
2001 Toyota Tundra
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1966 17' Caravel
Las Cruces , New Mexico
The structure for the dinette in the Minuet is aluminum stock covered with a vinyl skinned aluminum. It shouldn't be hard to build the structure. Doors and what you are going to cover it with ??? You could build it out of wood and sheathe with 1/4" ply and build cabinet doors for the lower sections. Fixtures for the table attachment to the wall are available at Vintage Trailer Supply I believe.

1978 Argosy 6 Metre Minuet
2006 Toyota Tacoma
Argonaut20 is offline   Reply With Quote