Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #721
Avid Wanna Beeeeeee

Currently Looking...
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokelessJoe View Post
Hey Jay, thank you for all the nice words. Appreciate them.

You don't need 87K. How about 47 for the cool trailer

Do you have some way to pull it?
Yeah i saw the separate sales, I actually arrived at your thread from the classifieds, but liked the whole shebang. Regardless i am finishing up a navy career, planning a future career, and caring for my Mom which wasn't part of the financial plan. I am just day dreaming. For me it would be unwise to start the 'Stream Dream until after I re-establish my emergency fund. I really love your ideas and documenting the experience is a lesson learned for all of us.

P.S. I forgot to add that until recently I had a F150 that was to serve as the first TV. I figure just like the evaporated emergency fund, there is a different path i have to follow to get to where I wanna be. I added in the first thing to fail by having a plan. lol!!!
R/
John
Jay Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #722
2 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
Cottage Grove , Minnesota
You were able to find Marmoleum flooring that was wide enough to be seamless? We are getting ready to demo our Airstream and this is what I am hoping to do for flooring but I can only find 76" wide Marmoleum.
RumbleStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #723
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Perfect New Owners

Last week, an adventurous 73 year old Vermont couple read my classified ad here on the Forum, called immediately and left for Ontario the following morning.

When they saw the rig they fell in love with it, stayed the weekend with me in Toronto (waiting for their American banker’s and insurer’s offices to open on Monday morning), transferred the funds, got an Ontario transfer permit and are driving home with the unit right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunset Grant.jpg
Views:	2074
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	221534

(They will source their own Mini in America).

I have blessedly found Perfect New Owners. Heath and Mary Boyer of Windham, Vermont had once bought, gutted and remade an ocean going vessel, then sailed the seas with it a ten year long project. They therefore had a special appreciation for what had been done with the Argosy.

Sergei
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H&M..jpg
Views:	215
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	221536  
Old 09-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #724
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Very happy for all!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #725
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Mods, will you please turn that nice shot of Heath and Mary right side up. Don't know why; some photos are posting upside down lately....

Thanks
Old 09-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #726
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Vermont, you say?! Make sure to hook them up with the NewEngland Unit of wbcci , and maybe one day, I'll get to see this magnificent rig in-person at a rally.
New England Unit

It must hurt to see it go.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #727
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Not to this couple; I couldn't dream of having met such perfect New Owners......
Old 09-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #728
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Oh I am so glad someone is going to love and appreciate that rig! And in New England to boot! .
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:27 AM   #729
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
While I am disappointed that we couldn't hook up while out here in the (US) Pacific Northwest sounds like the trailer has found a great new home. Hope they make it out this direction.
bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #730
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
RumbleStrip,

Sorry to have left you unanswered for awhile; as above, I was busy getting Heath and Mary on the road with their new rig.

( They've been doing marvelously and are crossing the border back into America at Ogdensburg, NY today)

The Marmoleum is 76" wide but the EFFECT will be seamless if your layout has all the cabinets and furniture along the roadside wall, as mine does.

See post # 52 here to see the finished floor, before furniture was installed:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f227...e-18448-4.html
Old 09-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #731
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Quote:

(They will source their own Mini in America).

Sergei
I just listed my 2009 Clubman S on another site ... please pass along to them if you think they might be interested.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #732
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Bernie,

Provided that there was no sale beforehand the plan was to move the rig to California next month, staying there and in the Pacific Northwest for the winter.

So, after all these years we still haven't met in person. Close though.....

I appreciate your interest and help, both while my project was underway, and still today.

All the best,
Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #733
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Jim,

That would be a nice colour for the rig. The Countryman may be a little big for the deck but I'll pass the information along.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #734
4 Rivet Member

Vienna , VIRGINIA
Quote:
Jim,

That would be a nice colour for the rig. The Countryman may be a little big for the deck but I'll pass the information along.
Thanks...it would be a close fit. If your sprinter had an extended cab I would have pursued it separately. I may still go down that path if I don't find a buyer for the mini...I really don't want to part with it.

Btw, I didn't realize it was against the rules to post a link to another site, so the CL link has been removed by the admins. If your buyers are here on the forum they can PM me or I can send you my contact info.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #735
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Bernie,

Provided that there was no sale beforehand the plan was to move the rig to California next month, staying there and in the Pacific Northwest for the winter.

So, after all these years we still haven't met in person. Close though.....

I appreciate your interest and help, both while my project was underway, and still today.

All the best,
If you still have a nephew out at Whistler maybe we'll meet up there sometime. While my trailer has been a driveway queen for the last five years I have gotten back on the slopes. Season's pass last year and this year already purchased with all the bells and whistles to visit associated areas for free or reduced cost. One plan was to haul the Argosy up the hill this winter but it's seen no love at all this summer. My '65 Mustang has seen some work and hopefully the trailer will soon see some love too.

This thread and the view from your Airstream door have been my vicariously Airstream living for some time now.

-Bernie
Old 03-31-2015, 01:24 PM   #736
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Three cheers

I had the pleasure of meeting Heath and touring this Argosy at a Florida campground last week. I was extremely impressed at the workmanship, and eye towards quality that went into the refurbishment.

Heath obviously was too.

Kudos on a job well done.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:26 PM   #737
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayden View Post
the Argosy [has] seen no love at all this summer. My '65 Mustang has seen some work and hopefully the trailer will soon see some love too.
-Bernie
Still AirStreaming vicariously through this thread. Despite our no snow year in the PNW (yeah everybody else got dumped on) I have maintained a strong presence on the slopes. Arranged moorage for the Argosy up north back in January but haven't touched it. The '65 Mustang is supposed to move this weekend. Lotsa happening and hopefully the Argosy will have an indoor home in the next 6-8 weeks where I can dig into doing some major upgrades.

-Bernie
Old 05-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #738
2 Rivet Member

Gatineau , Quebec
Sergei,
I read your post with much interest even though it was a long time ago. I just bought a Travelux (1966 or so) and I have gutted it. I am getting ready to remove the floor and to have the base repaired (sandblasted and repainted). Then, the re-construction will begin. You cannot imagine how much information and ideas I have gotten from your project. Thank you infinitely for the picture and the information. It is invaluable. BTW, if you are talking about Aylmer (close to Hull), we are neighbor. If your Argosy is still around, I would love to visit it. Warm regards, Julie
Juliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:39 PM   #739
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliec View Post
Sergei,
I read your post with much interest even though it was a long time ago. I just bought a Travelux (1966 or so) and I have gutted it. I am getting ready to remove the floor and to have the base repaired (sandblasted and repainted). Then, the re-construction will begin. You cannot imagine how much information and ideas I have gotten from your project. Thank you infinitely for the picture and the information. It is invaluable. BTW, if you are talking about Aylmer (close to Hull), we are neighbor. If your Argosy is still around, I would love to visit it. Warm regards, Julie
Hi Julie,

Congratulations on your Truvelux purchase! They are very cool trailers.

I'm not sure if Sergei is still on the forums or not, as he sold his Argosy a couple of years ago. He worked on it near Aylmer in south-western Ontario.

1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper (65avion.home.blog)
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #740
2 Rivet Member

Gatineau , Quebec
Sergei, read till the end and realized that the Argosy has been sold to a couple from Vermont. What a story. You really are a maker. You dreamed it, realized it and it is now continuing its life in good hands. Good for you! Julie.
Juliec is offline   Reply With Quote