Old 06-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #491
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Dang, I knew Mexicans were being allowed to illegally vote in our elections, but now Canadians? What's the republic coming to.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #492
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
ĎKnow we canít vote, Jim. Just cheering from the sidelines. Millions around the world are in admiration of whatís happening in America.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/11/op...1friedman.html

Sergei

Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #493
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
My only point was that this is supposed to be a "politics free zone" here on the AIRSTREAM forums, that's all. Here in the United States, we are being pounded over the head with the presidential beauty contest on an hourly basis. I just get sick of hearing about it.

You've done a great job with your Airstream, why can't we just stick to that point?

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #494
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
My only point was that this is supposed to be a "politics free zone" here on the AIRSTREAM forums, that's all. Here in the United States, we are being pounded over the head with the presidential beauty contest on an hourly basis. I just get sick of hearing about it.

You've done a great job with your Airstream, why can't we just stick to that point?

Jim
OUCH! It's supposed to be a "friendly zone" also, but sometimes we tend to forget that...
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #495
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
All he did was ask for a hat.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #496
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Tell you what Sergei, I'm not a fan of Obama, but I'll get you a hat if you promise to come to PEI so I can see your trailer in person. deal?

Barack Obama for President Logo Embroidered Hat (black) (HT15812)

You are correct this is a friendly fun zone and I'm sure Sergei was simply having fun.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #497
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
Too darn hot

As a Southerner, Alabama native, myself, how about I offer you another cold one and a break from the heat? I promise not to yell Roll Tide.
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post

Jim
1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #498
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Renovation Camp this summer

Sorry Skip, I wonít be getting to PEI until NEXT year. This summer I will be in Renovation Camp, trying to get my rig ready for the road by fall.

I saw the OBAMA link before you sent it to me. Thatís how I knew the campaign couldnít, understandably, accept a donation from a non-American.

I know my friend in Georgia isnít likely to do it but Iím still hoping somebody will send me a hat. There are millions of us cheering for your country from the sidelines.

Like the NYT article said, in many cultures the PAST stamps out the future. Itís the opposite in your country. The strength of America is in how she continues to re-invent herself.

Sergei
Old 06-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #499
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Utee:

Yes, Dimmerís rig ( #489 above) is more or less exactly what I am doing.

My ramps, deck and tool chests are all aluminum and my lines are more aerodynamic. Dimmerís is a little more BRUTALIST, shall we say.

Thatís OK. Dimmer sometimes sounds like the Evel Knievel of the Airstream Forums. The Big Rig suits his style.

(I knew Evel Knievel. I presented him in his last public appearance before the famous Snake River Canyon jump. Thatís when he jumped 15 MACK trucks at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto, in August of 1974).

Sergei
Old 06-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #500
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokelessJoe View Post
.....I know my friend in Georgia isnít likely to do it but Iím still hoping somebody will send me a hat. There are millions of us cheering for your country from the sidelines.....

Sergei
Ouch, Uncle, I give! Sorry, Sergie. Seriously, I didn't mean to offend anybody here, especially you Sergei. I was simply trying to convey that we are supposed to avoid political discussions, that's all. Sorry if that message wasnít delivered as diplomatically as it should have been. If any of you were offended, please accept my humble apologies.

And just for the record, I wonít be supporting Obama in the upcoming election. But please donít think my address has anything to do with that.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #501
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokelessJoe View Post
Utee:

Yes, Dimmer’s rig ( #489 above) is more or less exactly what I am doing.

My ramps, deck and tool chests are all aluminum and my lines are more aerodynamic. Dimmer’s is a little more BRUTALIST, shall we say.

That’s OK. Dimmer sometimes sounds like the Evel Knievel of the Airstream Forums. The Big Rig suits his style.

(I knew Evel Knievel. I presented him in his last public appearance before the famous Snake River Canyon jump. That’s when he jumped 15 MACK trucks at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto, in August of 1974).

Sergei
Good stuff Sergei. You've done some very interesting things and met some very interesting people in your life. Evel Knievel and Three-Ring Circuses, I wonder what else?

Looking forward to meeting you sometime in the future, as I said before, the beer and BBQ is on me.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #502
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Apologies accepted, Jim.

I didnít think the request for a hat, and not even the references to Mexicans and Canadians, was necessarily too political. From the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave we expect outspokenness and admire your freedom of expression.

Black hats are apparently on their way from Michigan and Indiana so I guess Iíll wear one in the truck and one in the car.

How cool is that?

Sergei
Old 06-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #503
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Very cool. AirForum people are quite a generous lot.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #504
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Sergei, They beat me to it. I am going to the U.S. next month and was going to bring you one back and will still do that if you want a third one.

Marvin

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote