Finally making progress on Miss Tini (6.0 metre Minuet). Gutted her and was about ready to lift the floor off the frame to send the frame out for repair/sandblasting/painting.
CHANNELS?: I have searched the forums, but maybe not the right lingo? - What is with this floor?!
Some parts are 'c channel' only small, straight pieces on the sides.
Some parts are 'u channel' on the bow front and back. The plywood floor is 1/2" and the channel is 5/8", so there is a gap. Apparently there is no support on the curves under the plywood?
I am attaching pictures.
1. Is this the normal way for Argosy floors to be assembled?
2. If it is, what do you think about patching up the hole up front. Dad is capable of patching this.
3. Is the piece of aluminum that was riveted in place in the front center part of a repair job, or original?
FLOORING: we are considering options for floors. I have contacted the NyloBoard folks and they have 1/2" 4x8 sheets available. They are not rated for interior use and we are concerned about the fire hazard.
4. Anyone checked into the fire hazards of various flooring materials?
5. Weight being an issue with Miss Tini, does anyone have something they are just wild about using for flooring besides marine plywood?
WHEEL WELLS: flimsy little plastic things that would be a real concern if we ever had a blow out.
6. Fiberglassing the existing wheel wells for reinforcement. Anyone tried that? Thoughts?
7. Replacing? Read about galvanized metal/ss being a no-no with aluminum. Am I understanding that if it's coated with spray in truck liner material, there would be no problem with the aluminum?
Thank you for your help or pointing us in the right direction! Sure to be the first of many posts