Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
Monterey County , California
Cap-off fridge gas-line fitting

I dis-connected my elect/gas fridge in my 77` 24` rear-door & want to cap off the end of the gas-line that comes in thru the floor to connect to the Dometic RM66 fridge male-end fitting,
does anybody know what fitting & size I can use to cap-off the female-end?(I won`t be using the gas-line). I tried a few fittings from home depot but none fit or worked.

also while I`m on the subject of copper lines,
how would run drain all the lines in the water system if one wants to solder/repair or replace some copper water-line tubing?
could this only be done by releasing both grey & black-water tanks?
or is there drains thru the floor at each fixture?
granaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I think it is 3/8" flare fitting type plug. It should take a 3/4" wrench to tighten.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by granaudio View Post
how would run drain all the lines in the water system if one wants to solder/repair or replace some copper water-line tubing?
could this only be done by releasing both grey & black-water tanks?
or is there drains thru the floor at each fixture?
You shouldn't need to drain either waste tank to work on the water lines. Today's models all have low point drains that let you drain the water, especially important for winter draining.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
Thank`s to both of you!
I`ll try the 3/8" fitting & look for some low point drains.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
3/8" flare fitting worked & the low drain points(on mine) were underneath/behind my bathroom closet.
Thank`s all!!