Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #141
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
Howdy,

We have a 78 and we love her. We thought about moving on but just dont want to part with her! Upgrading is constant. All original appliances right now, most upgrades have been outside (lights/power jack..etc.) We cant seem to figure out what we want to do inside for now....but shes in good shape. She had a couple of war wounds when we repainted, but we left them, lol, she earned them!
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #142
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Welcome aboard Alwhisman - My husband is from Dallas

You too have the 6.7metre!!! How wonderful that I am hearing from so many Minuet owners, and finding more of the 22' beauties. I know what you mean about the upgrades. As you probably read, we just spent our allowance on a new axle. It's ok, tho, we have had our Moonunit for over 5yrs now, and the upgrades come as we can afford. You didn't say if your trailer has the 2 gauchos or the dinette? and I'm guessing original interior? Have you posted any pictures yet? I bet you can guess that most of my interior is related to....the moon. Well, a celestial theme, anyway.

Hope you will add any and all about your Argosy when the mood hits. (and sure glad to hear you still have her).

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #143
4 Rivet Member

Dayton , Texas
LOL, if I got rid our her, my wife would probably go with her. We named ours "Christine" after my grandmother who recently passed. I was working on her when she passed, and we ultimately got her from my grandmother.

Interior is original and in really good shape, excepting the curtains, which are next on the replacement list. We have the gauchos. I took the rear and added a queen futon mattress and added a piece of plywood underneath to slide out. Dumped the broken original antenna and put in a RS-2000 along with front and rear digital tv's and a dvd player. New AM/FM stereo. I bought laminate flooring just havent put it in yet, probably wait til fall when it cools down a bit. The primary goal was to have her ready for hurricane season (just in case). She's our evacuation plan. She was quarter sanded when Ike hit, and had to pull her around looking like that! lol

I have a few pics posted on my page.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #144
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Alwhisman - don't know if you saw my post on one of your pics, but thought I would tell you how nice you trailer looks repainted. I wondered what kind of paint you used to get such a nice shine? It makes it look more like aluminum!!

Thought you guys might like to see some ideas I am working on re: the front curved windows. I have had mixed thoughts on the Rockguards used to cover those. Want to protect them, but don't want to loose open/light feel we get, plus don't want middle window covered. Also didn't especially need the rather high cost of those sunglasses Anyway, even tho I have been talking about this on another post, I am going to paste it here to see if I can get some feedback from other Argosy owners. OK?? Let me know your thoughts/concerns. Thanks

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f469...ors-46690.html

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #145
4 Rivet Member

Dayton , Texas
I saw the insulators, and they looked okay. Just not sure if they are for me. No doubt I need to do something up front for protection at the very least. I like the sunglasses but the cost is something to consider as well.

as far as the paint, I answered that somewhere, lol, if you want y more info, just let me know.....

I did see your post, I appreciate it very much! I still wanta 4" stripe under the beltline, but cant decide if i want vinyl, or paint. Decisions, decisions..........
Old 07-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #146
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Alwhisman - I'll ck w/you later about paint. Didn't see any posts by you that gave info, but we are not ready to re-paint and would want to do it in original off-white. Don't know if the vinyl beltline comes in 4" wide so you might have to paint. Oh, wait, you said under...

Everyone - we are looking for replacement center hubcap covers and I came across this. What do you think, does it look like a fit. They indicate they are chrome, not to expensive at $20. each. I would really like some feedback. Thanks. Anyone else got thoughts on the window covers. I have an appointment next Sat. w/upholsterer to discuss cost, materials, etc. Hope it works for us. I hate having the trailer sitting out exposed, but, not much I can do to cover all of her now....

Oppps, forgot pic. Go to next thread!!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #147
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Price: $19.99 Stock Number: 2148 Manufacturer Number: N/A Hollander Number: N/A Size: 7.000'' wide Notes:

Description 6 Lug Chrome

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #148
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Here is the original for comparison...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moonunits only hubcap.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	599.5 KB
ID:	83434  

Old 07-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #149
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
SPOTSYLVANIA , Virginia
New pics of interior 6.0 Minuet resto

Name:	065.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	83821

Name:	064.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	83822

Name:	066.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	83823

Name:	067.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	83824

Name:	063.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	83825

Ok here are the latest Pics 7-10-09-you can see top bunk folds down to a high back sofa-lol-now it sleeps five adults. Stewart
vcu70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #150

Gig Harbor , Washington
I have a 1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 and I love it!We took it apart 2 1/2 years ago and we are finally putting it back together.

Does anyone have any pictures that shows how a toilet connects to the black water tank?
midcenminuet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #151
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hello midcenminuet - always nice to have another Minuet join the discussion. Hope you have been documenting your progress on the take apart/rejoin efforts!!! Always love to see the pics we all post. See that you haven't posted much yet. Are you getting familiar w/the areas here in ASForums? It may be that there are pictures of what you want in the PHOTOs area. There is a section in there specific to Argosys. Hope you will continue to join the discussions here.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #152
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Looks like VCU70 has been busy!! All my projects seem to have ground to a halt lately. Still hoping to get out this week to another upholsterer for a quote on doing the window insulators/covers. Meanwhile I have managed to finish a interior project I was doing myself and thought I would share here. So, what do you think?

Old 08-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #153
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hmm, can't seem to attach my pics today??? Here we go again
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kitchen endcap storage.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	583.4 KB
ID:	86142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inspiration Endcap.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	587.8 KB
ID:	86143  

Name:	Working Endcap.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	556.9 KB
ID:	86144  

Old 08-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #154
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Add me to the list with my 1977 Minuet 6.0 Metre. I spent hours reading this thread and looking at profile pics, particularly all the great mods, before buying.

Thanks again to overlander64 for answering lots of arcane questions on PM for me, and thanks to myboyburt for talking up her Minuet at the NEU rally we visited. And even though he doesn't have a Minuet (poor guy), got to thank biggoofball for getting me hooked on Argosys.

Tom, sounding like a speech at the Academy Awards
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #155
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
Add me to the list with my 1977 Minuet 6.0 Metre. I spent hours reading this thread and looking at profile pics, particularly all the great mods, before buying.

Thanks again to overlander64 for answering lots of arcane questions on PM for me, and thanks to myboyburt for talking up her Minuet at the NEU rally we visited. And even though he doesn't have a Minuet (poor guy), got to thank biggoofball for getting me hooked on Argosys.

Congrats on finding a 77 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre, they are the bomb!

Oh, don't think I didn't have a friend of ours check our barn to insure our "Mini" was still there after I read here on the forums that you had found one.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #156
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post

Ooooo I got thanked!

Again, I cannot wait to see it!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #157
NH Newbie

Keene , New Hampshire
Another Minuet “Newbie” added to the mix…

We acquired a Minuet 6 Metre a few years ago and have only used it for our annual trip to the beach in ME so far. Per the VIN tag it is a 1977 model year manufactured in Versailles, May of that year. Unfortunately the original 1977 Argosy sales catalog I just bought doesn’t even show the Minuet line??? Maybe it starts in the ’78 literature???

The trailer is all original except for the hot water heater which the previous owner replaced. A lot of potential restoration work is in order, but even as is it meets the basic needs! We will definitely poll the experts in this group about a frame inspection before starting the over due axle, wheels & brakes replacement next year. Who knows what another New England winter might wear down...

Marc and Rhonda
Keene, NH
NH77Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #158
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Calling on all Argosy Minuet Owners

Greetings Marc and Rhonda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH77Argosy View Post
We acquired a Minuet 6 Metre a few years ago and have only used it for our annual trip to the beach in ME so far. Per the VIN tag it is a 1977 model year manufactured in Versailles, May of that year. Unfortunately the original 1977 Argosy sales catalog I just bought doesn’t even show the Minuet line??? Maybe it starts in the ’78 literature???

Marc and Rhonda
Keene, NH
The Minuet 6.0 Metre was introduced in 1977. The only literature I have found for the Minuet 6.0 Metre was a one-page flyer introducing it as a new trailer in the line. I haven't been able to decipher the date code on the flyer, but have come to the conlcusion that the line was introduced some time after the regular model year change. From what I have been able to determine the three Minuet models were introduced in a staggered fashion -- I just haven't been able to learn the precise dates when each of the Minuets was introduced.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #159
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Glad to see forum members are still adding to this post w/Minuet info and questions

We have a new situation that I will ask help with here...
We noticed a wet floor in a side cabinet next to the fridge and on out onto the middle of the floor running toward the heater. Thought at first something was leaking from under the fridge, but after returning home from short camp trip, we discovered a hole in the plastic inner wheel well cover. We think there is a larger hole/opening also along the edge that is parallel to the side of the trailer. Are the inside plastic wheel covers still available or can something like vulkum be used or should we try another approach?!!
Does anyone else have cracked inner wheel covers?
PS We discovered the leak because it only happened while on our trip during wet weather and we believe the tires threw the water up thru the holes.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #160
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Calling on all Argosy Minuet Owners

More obscure data for the fires of speculation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64 View Post
There has been a tremendous amount of speculation regarding the 1980 Caravelles. They we 7.0' like the Minuets and were offered in the same three floorplans with the only marked difference being that the 22' (6.7 Metre) Caravelle was a tandem axle if my notes are correct. Whether this was done to utilize inventoried (or contracted) frames for the discontinued Minuets hasn't been confirmed or denied so far as I am aware. I have seen both the 20' and 24' Caravelles, and the floorplan is essentially the same as the similar sized Minuets.
The most recent revisions to the Airstream corporate website, has placed a brochure for what could best be described as the "still-born" 1980 Argosy line. This adds to the speculative question whether the 1980 Airstream Caravelles may have been produced utilizing frames originally destined to be utilized in the production of 1980 Minuets.

1980 Argosy Brochure Pages

I will admit to being very curious as to how late in the process the decision was made to discontinue the Argosy line. The scans appear to be from a larger brochure that would have provided even more detail.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote