Old 11-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78 View Post
Welcome to you Chris - Wow, lots of Minuets in Texas Might have to create a Minuet Rally someday....
Promote that in Colorado and I am there. Spring '09'?

'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #100
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Thumbs up Minuet Rally

Heyyy Royce - glad to hear from you You know if we have one soon in Colorado, it will have to be a Minuet AXLE CHANGING Rally and it will have to be down south of CSprings!!!! I did check with your guy in Fowler? right? We didnt make it down this fall like we had hoped. I'm still working on it for next yr. By the way, talking about a rally - I saw that there is a nice looking camp area close to Fowler called Lake Hasty. Have you ever camped there?

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #101
Rivet Master

Colorado Springs , Colorado
Fowler is correct Leigh, Axle changing rally sounds like fun. Many hands will make the load light. Haven't been to Lake Hasty, I usually head for the trees when camping. IBDY is being ignored in the driveway, while I work on getting the Wood Working Guild up and running.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Austin , Texas
Happy Thanksgiving!
Left my recently purchased 6.7 Minuet at the local Airsteam dealer. Gave them a blank check with instructions to fix and or replace anything that was needed. (GULP!)
I know, I was asking for it. Went there today and had a one on one with the tech doing the work and am very satisfied i am doing the right thing. If you guy's are intrested on the breakdown ($$)will post...Gobble,Gobble!!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #103
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
JACKSON , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to campman
Happy Thanksgiving to all...and to Squid: I guess the economic recession isn't an issue with you...and your "blank check". I know we would love to know the breakdown after all your repairs. My total sewer system and some toilet repair, plus checking the few lights I couldn't make work, plus getting the heater to work...all came to about $700. Keep us posted.

From Paul Theroux: ..the difference between a traveler and a tourist is.."travelers don't know where they're going, and tourists don't know where they've been"
campman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #104
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
I second Campman's post. All of us are ALWAYS interested in the renovation and upkeep of other's Minuets & I, for one, would love to see what is happening to your 6.7!!! Hope all of u had a wonderful, relaxing, stuffing full! holiday!!

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #105
Fuil-Timers

2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
Now I've Done It

Seems wrong and all, but I've done it. Snow White is, sob sob, listed on forums classifieds. If you have a friend who should be an Argonaut, tell them to check out Snow White. sniff sniff (Well, she's not gone yet, anyway)

Hope everyone had safe travels and good eats,

Jim

Jim Cocke,
International President
WBCCI Wally Byam Airstream Club
dreamstreamr.com
dreamstreamr.wordpress.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #106
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Campman/Dan ..you show off,(700$)you! I am sure i will be off the charts with you guys on cost of re-do. Hell the tech is 104 per hr!, ain't no turn back now!! Get-r-done!!
I priced various camper's. Figured if I could be in a cool Coach for 7500$ life is good. (paid 3200$ on ebay. Camper Clinic 4000$ est.) Hate say it but went on cruise in the Hill Country today saw a 26' Argo 1700$! ouch...
Old 12-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #107
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
JACKSON , Mississippi
Hi COArgosy: Tell me, how do you add the "quote" that you have at the end of your postings? Is there a way to have one particular one be there in every post or do you have to add it each posting?

From Paul Theroux: ..the difference between a traveler and a tourist is.."travelers don't know where they're going, and tourists don't know where they've been"
Old 12-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #108
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
JACKSON , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Campman/Dan ..you show off,(700$)you! I am sure i will be off the charts with you guys on cost of re-do. Hell the tech is 104 per hr!, ain't no turn back now!! Get-r-done!!
I priced various camper's. Figured if I could be in a cool Coach for 7500$ life is good. (paid 3200$ on ebay. Camper Clinic 4000$ est.) Hate say it but went on cruise in the Hill Country today saw a 26' Argo 1700$! ouch...
Hi Squid: And as I said before, the sewer parts and labor were about $400 of the total...but he did a truly clean, beautiful and sold piece of work at it....with labor cost here at $85/hr. And as for the 26footer...for that price I bet it needs tons of work and $$$ spent to put in shape. Anyway, in my own case I wanted nothing more than the 6.0 metre; it is perfect for me...but no wife to add comments about it.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #109
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
JACKSON , Mississippi
COArgosy: Well, as you can see, I just figured out how to add a quote to posts. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #110
1 Rivet Member

Albuquerque , New Mexico
Hey Leigh,

I thought I would bring you all up to speed on my "project". Since I got my 6 Metre home, I've gutted the interior. I removed the carpet and replaced it with maple laminate flooring. Should be easier to keep clean with the dog and I. I also replaced the roof vents and resealed all the exterior leaks I could find. Installed new plastic laminate counter top and table, couldn't handle the "groovy" green color. Replaced two of the copper gas lines, old ones were crushed and leaking. Removed the existing furnace and it will be replaced with a Wave 6 Cat heater. I could not repair the Tambor door under the sink, I'm thinking of a curtain or a couple of doors to close the hole. I do have both the spiral plastic parts available if anyone needs them.

My goal is to replace both the interior and exterior lights with LED. Since most of the camping I do is boondocking, power usage is very important to me. The exterior lights are easy, has anyone found fixtures for the inside? I'm also planning on installing Intellipower 9200 in the future. The old converter works well enough but I'm concerned about "cooking" the battery. Plus is it noisy!

The orginal Worthington propane tanks are in good shape. They are off to get new valves and I'll probably "polish" them up to 400 grit wet-dry sandpaper.

Every place we camp, people drag their bottoms and rip out the plumbing and such. The only camper that does not drag is one set up with the off-road axle. I have a new axle is on order. I've read the GREAT axle debate on most of the posts here. It does seem to inspire a lot of passion. My biggest concern is the ride height. I'd like to raise the camper. I'm thinking of add a piece of tube steel and a new plate to raise the bottom another 2" to 3". Just wondering if anyone else has done this?

Still on the wish list is new fabric for the inside and a paint job for the outside is in order. Just need to worry about the colors!

As I get more into this site, I'll try to post a few pictures along the way. Still trying to figure out the quote thing as well. I'm amazed at all of the quotes!

Jim

Oh, she has a name, Blondie. It was my grandfather's nickname, but it works. Lots of fond memories camping with him.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #111
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
If you are replacing the axle and want to raise the ride height, have the angle of the swing arms on the new axle set so the trailer rides higher. You can gain clearance of 3 - 4 inches (or more) this way and have a new axle to boot.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #112
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Good Luck on your project! Cant wait to see pics!