Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #197
1 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Victoria , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
I'd love to see how that turns out - curious how well you can match the vinyl.

Tom
Yeah, me too! I'm certain it will be an improvement on the painted plywood monstrosity sitting there now.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:18 AM   #198
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Mont-Laurier , Québec
Any other owners of a 6 metre Minuet in Québec?

I have never seen another 6 metre Minuet while travelling in the province of Québec. If ever there is an owner of such a trailer in my province, I would appreciate knowing it.
A. Doré
Mont-Laurier, QC

Old 10-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #199
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Austin , Texas
Well my Heschen Dure-Flex Axle that I ordered from Insland RV let me down. The frame is resting on the shock brackett after only one year of use. Called Inland RV asking if they gave me the wrong axel or if was defective? They were not much help. Pretty much told me I was screwed...So I am having the trailer raised at our local shop. Will try and post picture of problem.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #200
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Austin , Texas
Picture of axel is my photos if anyone wants to see it
Old 10-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #201
Athens GA

1995 28' Excella
1989 34' Excella
1986 31' Sovereign
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Athens , Georgia
I have an Argosy 1971 26' that is one of many Airstreams in my collections. What makes it an Minuet? What is the deal with Argosy? I was told that is was an upgraded version of the Airstream. I have it sitting next to one of my Airstreams of the same year. My Argosy has nicer interior a wrap around window. better fabrics and does not have that damn tambour :-)
Old 11-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #202
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Double check your year. I believe production began in 1972. Minuets were introduced at some point after that (1975?).

Argosy Campers were a lower priced version of the Airstream and they tried some new things on them that could make it to the Airstream brand.

Te above is the short version. Check more threads for LOTS more info in the Argosy Trailer section.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #203

1978 Argosy 24
Kenner , Louisiana
I have an Argosy Minuet 7.3 metre that is in need of many repairs. I don't know if it would be worth the time and effort to fix everything. I guess if I were or if I could find someone who was a dedicated Airstream fan, the task would probably not be as huge as it seems. This unit needs probably and new frame just to start and then would need to be gutted inside to make it a total restore project. It appears the aluminum frame that makes up the top section is in good shape as well as the outer skin but has a few dents and one rip by the front right corner. The lower outer skin will probably all have to be replaced. Anyway, as you can tell, I am not interested in spending the time or the money to restore this unit so if anybody would be interested or knows someone who might be, let me know and maybe we can work out a trade or cash amount.
Thanks,
Charles.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #204
2 Rivet Member

Thonotosassa , Florida
Minuet 7.3

I have a 7.3 here in the Tampa area. The floors are defintely plywood and the cabinet work is vinal coated aluminum Mine has a single bed on the right side in front of the rear bath with 2 closets and a drawer unit on the right.
Im about to re start the renovations on it in the next couple of weeks. Im then wanting to travel through the South west. New axles are definately in line along with some floor repair. Does any one have a cure for water blowing in through the upper refrigerator vent. This is what ruined the floor on mine. Curt
Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #205
2 Rivet Member

Hill country , Texas
I have a member of the Minuet family!

Hello all!

We Picked up a 1979 7.3 Argosy Minuet XT "Deer Camp Special" and are starting to et her ready for camping. She needs ALOT of work, but we're do it yourselfers and it's a remarkable improement from our 13 foot Casita! I'll post some pics- I'm so happy to have found this awesome resource! Currently, I got new tires on her, and am in the process of "evaluating" brakes and axles. Glad to find out there's other Minuets out there-I have the service and owner's manuals but they're not for Minuets. So far, it's been just great dreaming in the driveway in the front table with the wrap around windows!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #206
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Calling on all Argosy Minuet Owners

Greetings ArgosyGypsy!

Welcome to the world of Vintage Minuet ownership!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosyGypsy View Post
Hello all!

We Picked up a 1979 7.3 Argosy Minuet XT "Deer Camp Special" and are starting to et her ready for camping. Glad to find out there's other Minuets out there-I have the service and owner's manuals but they're not for Minuets. So far, it's been just great dreaming in the driveway in the front table with the wrap around windows!
There is a Minuet specific owners manual, but there aren't any Minuet specfic service manuas either. A service manual for a similar model year and size Airstream will answer most any question regarding the basic structures and systems of your Minuet.

When you metnion enjoying the front Panoramic Windows, something to consider is the addition of a rock guard to protect those windows. While Airstream does offer replacement windows for the front Panoramas on our Minuets, the new windows are Solar Gray tinted rather than the clear glass that was standard when our coaches were made. Airstream offers a three-piece front rock guard that can be adapted to our Minuets by narrowing the center section.

Good luck with your project!!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #207
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by campman View Post
Excellent to see someone trying to bring together all the owners of a kind. My unit is a 79 (built in 78)6.0 Minuet. Former owner had recently installed: new axle, tires, converter & battery, new water heater and plumbing, reupholstered cushions (dark brown, but ok for now), new Carrierr air-heat unit (too unsightly for the small unit..and too noisy), new gas tank, new Reese weight and stabilizers. When I got it the unit had sat for a few months. Some previous owner had smoked, so took everything out, washed down with TSP (trisodiumphosphate) and the goldblack of the smoke rolled off to reveal a like-new interior. I am amazed that the whole unit is so very, very intact and solid. Really well built and just like new.
Since I got it, the following has been done:
1. totally new sewer system and valves
2. furnace thoroughly checked and works fine
3. all exterior lights cleaned and working
4. toilet seal repaired
5. wire screening added behind all exterior openings, e.g. furnace exhaust
6. all window and screen door screens replaced (made a big difference)
7. added fire extinguisher-fire alarm-CO2 detector
8. installed solar rock shields, but only on the two curved windows (have the center one, but found that I can see all traffic from my truck rear window through the clear two windows of trailer really well...could not do it with the tinted shield in the center) I found the installation a breeze and instructions in package were clear and complete. Super good service from Inland RV on order. Actually this was the very first thing I did, as I found that buying a replacement window was super expensive. The rock shields are like insurance.
9. Installed T-moulding on table, bookshelf, and small shelf....hard to find in the color orange, but did from internet.
10. Bought aftermarket hubcaps just like the old, original ones of steel, but these are cheaper stuff...still look nice.
11. The last thing so far was to spruce up the color inside, as the dark brown of the cushions was just too drab. I love real red orange....so put material on masonite to insert into upper cabinet doors, on ends of cabinets, above the table where the padded trim is located....and it really shines now. Also installed plastic trim in that channel under the padded area above the front windows. That was one of the most difficult jobs to do.
NEXT: The next job is to repaint the steel end caps and do some touch up on the rest of the unit, including wheels. Ordered orange inserts for the belly line and other line, but they do not fit...or I am too dumb to figure out how they go in. Seem far too big. Need to get a spare tire, too.
I never cease to be amazed by this forum. I just read today that someone wanted to know if others had the 12V (cig.lighter) placements. I knew I had two, one on left front by table, and one above kitchen counter. She said she had one under the bath cabinet. Low and behold, I went to look and sure enough, I have one too. And I thought every inch of the little camper had been examined!!!! New and fun surprises everyday.
Hope this posting wasn't too long, but you asked for it. Thanks for all the input from all you others in this forum.
We are now the proud owners of "campman's" 6.0 Minuet. We plan to sometimes tow it with our '75 Argosy 20' Motorhome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	'79 Argosy 6.0 003.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	548.7 KB
ID:	128177  
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #208
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
I can't wait to see photos of that!!!
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #209
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
I can't wait to see photos of that!!!
We're working on the '75 Argosy 20' Motorhome. Just keep an eye on our thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f463...-mh-42788.html

We'll post the photos when the MH is ready.
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #210
1 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1999 25' Safari
2001 30' Classic S/O
Spring Hill , Tennessee
1977 6.0 metre affectionately called "Tic-Tac".