Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2003, 10:02 AM   #1
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Unhappy Black tank

I have found rot in the floor below my black tank. My tank is above the floor. Has anyone pulled the black tank on a 73 Argosy were it was above the floor? My main consern is how to get the drain diconected from the tank.
Any HELP?

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Unhappy Black Tank

Black Tank, belly pan & bathroom is out. Now the floor replacement and the remodle of the bathroom can begin.

Don
Old 07-18-2004, 07:05 PM   #3

Don,

I've got to pull the black tank on my '73 Argosy 24 as well. I tried to pull the valve off the bottom a year or so back but the bolts were so rusted, I put it off. What did you have to do to get your valve off? I just recently discovered the forum and I'll be using it a lot, I can already tell.

Thanks,

Ann
Ann22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:36 AM   #4
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann22
Don,

I've got to pull the black tank on my '73 Argosy 24 as well. I tried to pull the valve off the bottom a year or so back but the bolts were so rusted, I put it off. What did you have to do to get your valve off? I just recently discovered the forum and I'll be using it a lot, I can already tell.

Thanks,

Ann
Ann
I cut the heads off the bolts with my Drimmel and then used vice grips too remove the screws from the other part of the valve.
If you mess the valuve up be sure to get the new one from a airstream dealer, as it is diffrent from those used on SOB's. My dealer had them in stock and the price wasn't high.

Don
Old 07-19-2004, 04:42 PM   #5

Thanks. I was thinking about just drilling them out since my tank's probably going to have to be replaced. But I didn't want to do anything drastic - just in case.
Ann22 is offline   Reply With Quote