Old 07-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #29
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Wife just snapped this and emailed it to me, anyone tell what it is? I think I just found my second coach!

PS, if she tells me I'm idiot for wanting a second one, I'll let everyone know where it is.

That would be an early Argosy 20.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #30
Rivet Master
1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Yep, it's a 1972 20. Ok, folks here's the lowdown:

Interior is immaculate. Looked really nice thru the windows. Original cushions looked good, counters and a walls looked good. Curtains were missing, some trim on the interior end cap seemed to be missing, not sure what to look for. Bath looked good and free of observable mildew. Couldn't get inside, so I don't know about leaks and soft spots.

Exterior needs work. Somebody tried to paint it themselves and it is hideous. One 12" dent, front lower drivers side. Bumper and A frame need serious wirebrush and paint treatment. Awning probably needs to be torn off and thrown away.

Looks like original Bargman tanks, but without OPD valves. The owner said that all of the appliances worked, but I wonder how he gassed them up??? Axle has some life left, arms are about parallel with the ground, but tire is still observable below the wheel well.

It's usable-ish right now, but it dearly needs new paint and a new awning. I'd say that if you must have an AS or Argosy, and don't have a lot to spend, this is a good deal, as long as most of the appliances prove to work. I called the owner and my ridiculously low offer was rejected (let's just say somewhat below $1000 - never hurts to ask, eh?). He also told another offer that he had supposedly rejected.

PM me and I'll give you contact info and what he said about offers. For those of you in the Metro Detroit Area, it's in Mt Clemens, on Groesbeck ave, right across from the Macomb cty jail.

Originally Posted by overlander63
That would be an early Argosy 20.

AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote