Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Thorn Hill , Tennessee
Argosy TV antenna Q...

On my '73 20 footer, the crank handle is missing from the tv antenna. Can anyone tell me which one it may be to find a replacement? I can't quite get close enough to the roof antenna for a positive ID on the brand, but it looks original.
RD
MotorSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Does it look like something you would hang clothes on?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thorn Hill , Tennessee
LOL....! Yup....
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #4
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
got a handle on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorSeven
LOL....! Yup....
I know parts are available for those old antennas, because I remember reading threads about them. I'm surprised more people haven't volunteered info. I replaced mine with a Wineguard Bat Wing... gotta love that name

I may have the old handle but we are in the middle of moving and my Argosy parts box is out in the new barn, under a giant pile of boxes. I promise to look next time I'm out there.

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Thorn Hill , Tennessee
Steve, i ordered one on ebay....Wineguard, looks like a window crank on a old car. I don't know if it will fit, it was a $10 gamble...gotta roll the dice every now and then eh? I'll get back to you if it doesn't fit..........thanks!
RD
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #6

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up

Quote:
...gotta roll the dice every now and then eh?
RD
I think that it's the plastic gears up top that strip out and loose teeth over time. I know people have replaced those in case you look and need them.

I re-read your first posts. How's retirement treating you? Are you headed north soon? I read that you are going to full time on your new property...that sounds interesting What utilities will you have short term? I like your priorities, build a polebarn for the camper first then build the house! Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
Old 03-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Eagle River , Alaska
I saw the handles and gears for old crank up Wineguard antennas at Camping World in Las Vegas Nevada last week. In Wineguard packages.

Anybody have the old dipole front mounted antenna (1964 type) or hook up parts they don't want anymore? Does this require a 50 ohm-300 ohm transformer to hook to wires inside trailer wall?
Safari64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:21 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Thorn Hill , Tennessee
It's a looong story...

Steve,
The 30x50 arched steel building will be a workshop with an apt in one end, so we will stay in the Argy for a couple of months while i get it built. Then, i will be building a log home on the property harvesting my own trees...a 2+ year project. The Argy will go with us back & forth to Manitoba where the wife is from, and for general vacationing.
On site now we have a temp power pole, and the septic tank is in. Water is another matter though & i will "attempt" a driven or point well. Until then., we will "haul water" from a spring on the property that is a few hundered yards away. If the driven well doesn't work, i will have to call in a well digger, but am avoiding having to dig 2 wells- one for the building & one for the house(too far apart).
Last day is today, party tomorrow, leave for TN Sun, building gets delivered Tue........(huge intake of breath!)

There will be no moss growing under this retired butt!
RD
Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 AM   #9

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up

Quote:
...There will be no moss growing under this retired butt!
RD
That's very exciting. What a plan! Best wishes as you start this journey. The property sounds nice, with trees and acreage You didn't say anything about internet at the homestead but we hope to hear from you soon. Check in when you can

Safe travels,

Steve