Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Cool Argosy owners unite !!

I thought it would be kinda cool to get all the Argosy owners to chime in and let eachother know who you are and where you're at.
Maybe somewhere down the road we could get an Argosy outing going ? Who know's maybe someone in the next county from you is out camping in one too
We have a 78' 20' minuet and live in Poulsbo, Wa. Have two awsome kids and two non camping dogs. We picked up our trailer a year and a half ago and have loved it ever since.
ericandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

, Connecticut
Some already have http://www.argosytrailer.com
Old 01-11-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Yep - we're everywhere. I live in Richland, WA and have a neighbor 3 blocks away with a 6 metre as well. We travel quite a bit for our buisiness and use the Argosy as a sleep cheap - I wonder how many nights you could buy at a 4 star hotel for the thousands we've poured into her!

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:36 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

That Argosy site has been in my favorite's for quite awhile...really cool site.
As for the four star hotels, How true it is...but it sure isn't as satisfying as putting work and greenbacks into something you love doing.
Great to see another Wa. person out there too !
ericandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:29 AM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Don't get my husband started on the four star hotel thing - he brings that old dog up every once in a while! Hey, I love Argosys - almost bought a Minuet. If you guys have a get together maybe I can come park nearby and bask in their glory - I won't be any trouble! I promise!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 02:08 PM   #6
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
HELLO THERE - we are in Colorado, but my husband has close friends and family that live in and around the Portland, Oregon area and he keeps trying to figure a way to move there. Not till my 16 yr old leaves HS tho' (he would run away back here to his friends, if we did). Anyway, we have one of the 6.7 or 22' Minuets, since 9/03 and we absolutely LOVE her. We call her Mini Driv'r and she has already taken us several places here in CO as well as Utah, Arizona and NM. Our family consists of 2 middle agers, 2 teen boys and one camp loving Rat Terrier (the 2 cats are two old/set in ways to camp). I have also suggested an Argosy rally/get together. Right now we are trying to see about going to the Moab, Utah rally set for Mom's day this year. Depends on kid's schedule. My kids' love Moab and ATV's!!!

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:34 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Argosy owners unite !!

Greetings All!

I am Free Wheeler located in the Quad Cities just beyond Rock Island, IL. My Minuet found me just short of two years ago as a one-owner original. The soft-goods were in need of replacement, but its wall surfaces, cabinetry and major appliances (other than air conditioner and water heater) are all original.

It seems like the Minuet owner's group continues to grow. I had always thought of the Minuet as a low production coach something like the Bambis of '61-'64 - - . At last year's Midwest Forums Rally, we would have had four Minuets present had mine been ready for travel - - and there was even a 7.4 Metre (24') Minuet in attendance at that particular Rally. While all Airstream products seem to develop a personality of their own, the Minuet seemed to be the test ground for some unique features such as the aluminum composite floor system.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:40 PM   #8
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We are in Cape Coral Florida with our 1972 20' twin gaucho living on its own farm in nearby North Fort Myers.
And It is better than any hotel, in that we know who slept in our beds last!
Terry
Old 02-06-2004, 09:20 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Hello, everyone

I'm in Richmond, Virginia with my 1973 twin qaucho 20 footer. Right now it is devoid of exterior paint and belly pan, but I plan to remedy that this spring.

Terry, I lived in N. Ft. Myers for several years in the 1980's. I miss the weather.

I am the guy who is looking for a sliding bathroom door for the rear bath. I have looked at the existing installed door equipment (hanger assembly) and I have come to the conclusion that the trailer was delivered without one. There are no marks to the equipment that indicate a removal of the door at any time. I plan to make one, and that should be fun and entertaining.

Rick
Rick Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:34 AM   #10
The Painted Pig

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Hailey , Idaho
Is anyone else surprised that Airstream hasn't revived the Argosy badge and maybe even Minuet to introduce a new line of lightweight travel trailers?

Sure, Thor has the TAB but someone in marketing at AS surely has toyed with introducing an SUV-friendly Airstream.

Scott
Moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Re: Hello, everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Alston
I'm in Richmond, Virginia with my 1973 twin qaucho 20 footer. Right now it is devoid of exterior paint and belly pan, but I plan to remedy that this spring.

Terry, I lived in N. Ft. Myers for several years in the 1980's. I miss the weather.

I am the guy who is looking for a sliding bathroom door for the rear bath. I have looked at the existing installed door equipment (hanger assembly) and I have come to the conclusion that the trailer was delivered without one. There are no marks to the equipment that indicate a removal of the door at any time. I plan to make one, and that should be fun and entertaining.

Rick
Rick, I have been thinking (a dangerous process for me), and I was wondering if you had considered a folding accordian door, instead of the major surgery for the sliding wood door? It would hang up like the sliding door, and open as far, and be a lot better than the curtain you now enjoy .
They are available at home improvement stores relatively cheap, as well.
Terry
Old 02-09-2004, 03:18 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
rear door

I agree a slider would be the class act, but....
Our 77 Minuet has a folding accordian type door across the bathroom, I believe it was stock.
It rides on a rail attached to the ceiling, and it works more or less.
Please let me know how your slider works out if you choose to go that direction
Old 02-09-2004, 07:12 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

Folding accordian door

Terry and Gary

I have thought about the accordian door and decided that would be my second choice because, so far, I have been unable to find the correct size and color match.

I'd like to make the sliding door because it will be relatively easy to do and I like the look of it. The only problem I encountered is removing the top rail (extrusion) in order to mount the door. I think I'll need to drill a fist sized hole through the upper kitchen cabinet and into the door pocket in order to reach the end extrusion screw on the street side. I also need to fabricate the sliders that are used to mount the door and some sort of plastic may work.

I can't wait for spring to come-got many projects to do.

Best regards,
Rick
Rick Alston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:50 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
The big one

Hi all! We have a 25ft rear slide out couch model (with front dinette). We live in the Seattle area, and love our Argosy. I hope we'll be going to the trailer on the kids semester break next week. I'll post pics of our new cushions then. Nice to see all the minuets on board too!

Re the slider. We have a slider in our bathroom. The attachment is really quite simple. One U-channel on the backside of the door connects to the bathroom side of the divider wall, and the door slides in a 1" long u-channel on the bottom. Only problem is if the door closes all the way, it can at times come out of the bottom track, and the door swings in just enough to get stuck on the u-channel on the bottom. Had a couple of scared kids that were stuck! I calmly pointed out that they had the toilet, and water to survive..... not to worry! Five minutes later, they were out! If you need pics, let me know and I'll try to post after our trip.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:40 PM   #15
Van
4 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Hillsboro , Oregon
We are located in Hillsboro, OR. Its about 15 miles or so west of Portland.
former '77 23' Safari owner
former 25' Fun Finder X-250BHS SOB owner
current 26' Komfort Trailblazer 262BSLE SOB owner
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 05:22 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Hi, We live in South Florida and have a 1978 24' in North Florida.
kntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:45 AM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Everytime I see this thread show up...I can't help but thing of the old cartoon "Wonder Twin Powers Activate!"

Ok, so I'm showing my age a bit.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:02 AM   #18
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
Everytime I see this thread show up...I can't help but thing of the old cartoon "Wonder Twin Powers Activate!"

Ok, so I'm showing my age a bit.
Eric, at least you don't remember Popeye, and Betty Boop...
BTW, Calvin went that-a-way, as Spaceman Spiff...>>>
Terry
Old 02-10-2004, 07:21 AM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by argosy20

Eric, at least you don't remember Popeye, and Betty Boop...
BTW, Calvin went that-a-way, as Spaceman Spiff...>>>
Terry
I recall Popeye, Jeep and Betty Boop too!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:03 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

Hi,

Live in London, On. In our area there are two Argosy 24'ers I know of and ours is the only one that's moved for the past few years! We love it and have a 13' boler trailer as well.

44boler
r myer is offline   Reply With Quote