Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosy ownership!
Originally Posted by ccarman
How can you tell if your Argosy is a Minuet or other model?
There are a number of clues to the true identity of an Argosy Minuet including:
- The coach was produced between 1977 and 1979.
- The coach falls into one of the following size classes:
- 6.0 Metre identified as 20' in VIN -- (Single Axle)
- 6.7 Metre identified as 22' in VIN -- (Single Axle)
- 7.3 Metre identified as 24' in VIN -- (Tandem Axle)
- The coach has a Minuet badge in the belt-line molding on each side of the coach.
- The floor width of the coach is 7' rather than 7' 8".
- The interior cabinetry is vinyl-clad aluminum rather than laminates or hardwood veneer plywood.
- An absolute identifier in the 6.0 and 6.7 Metre Minuets is if the floor is one of the many 6.0 Metre or one of the few 6.7 Metre Minuets to have been produced with an aluminum composite floor.
Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)