Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2002, 06:12 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

Wow!!!

I go away for a couple of months and all the Minuet owners come out of the woodwork. I have to say I'm thrilled reading all this communication about Argosy's. I thought I was just about the only Minuet owner here.

Keep up the wonderful conversation. Please!

I'll be subscribing to this thread as soon as I submit this. I'll also be looking for all of your photos. I hope there's lots!!!

Michael
mwilleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 09:14 AM   #42
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Smile Welcome Back!!

Hi Michael - There was a thread started a couple days ago titled "Where have the past members gone" or something like that. I thought about you and your welcome when we first logged on and excitedly wrote about our new "Mini". So much has gone on here, as you have probibly noticed!! All good stuff
I hope you will stick around and add to the wonderful communication. Also wondered if you ever saw my PM. We had quite a good thread about rock guards, maybe you responded to it also. You would have some interest and answers maybe, since your Argosy has those "cool sunglasses".

Anyway, glad to see you have returned. Leigh
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:04 PM   #43
1 Rivet Member

Thank you Kevin

Hi Kevin

I'm again gratefully in your debt, this time for your survey of Vintage caravans and rallies. Is there something going on in Vermont this coming summer? That's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Groveland here on the banks of the great, gray-green, greazy, Merrimack river, all set about with Maple trees...

Yes I got the Zip Dee zipped up before dee predicted inclemetizations moved in last night. Kind of you to ask. Just a little rain as it turned out this time, but that's the great thing about New England weather; it just don't behave the way the meteorologists [many of whom, have you'all noticed this too? many of whom can't quite manage to correctly pronounce "meteorologist") say it will! It must have been a Boston area forecaster who invented a few years ago that most magnificent forecasting dodge, namely the "percent chance" of precipitation. Ever since then, instead of just scratching their talking heads on the eleven oclock news and saying plainly (tho' of course not without with a humorous twinkle of mock resignation) that they have absolutely no clue whether it will rain or not, they now can say, with a straight face if they can manage it, and with what sounds like perfect and precise professionalism, that there is a 50 percent chance of whatever tomorrow afternoon. Uh yes, I've just checked the computer models (which all are running fairly close to each other and to my own experienced metearogical calculations) and I can say with significant certainty that for tommorrow afternoon at drive time there is a 50 percent chance of sleet and freezing rain. HA! what a dodge! But come on guys, just tell us, once in a while anyways, that you metelerogelists don't have a clue with this one, and we'll all just have to sit tight and see what the Good Lord sends our way...

What subjects to you teach, Kevin, out there in Mercer County Illinois, near Rock Island. Isn't there song about the "Rock Island Line?" Is that the same Rock Island? Quicky quiz: would you know a <date nail> if you saw one?

Thanks again,

-Carl

and thanks Leigh for the color tutorial...
minuet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:52 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Argosy Minuet 22' and 24' (1979?)

RE: Vintage Activites WBCCI International Rally, Vermont, 2003

Greetings Carl!

Quote:
Is there something going on in Vermont this coming summer? That's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Groveland here on the banks of the great, gray-green, greazy, Merrimack river, all set about with Maple trees...
Yes, there will be a number of Vintage Airstream Club activities during the International Rally in Vermont. I am not aware that the exact schedule has been established, but one thing is certain - - there has always been a Vintage Open House to which the public is cordially invited. It is typically, but not always, on either a Saturday or Sunday during the Rally. Most of the Vintage owners parked in the Vintage Section of the Rally Grounds open their trailer/motorhome for the public to visit - - expect vintage conversations to run rampant - - these are always a highlight of the Rally for me - - you can identify my trailer by the movie playing in my VCR - - my tradition is to be playing "The Long, Long Trailer" on my VCR during Open House - - sometimes, I have slide shows of previous Vintage activities showing on my PC as well.

There are other activities for members of WBCCI/VAC as well including 4 o'clock socials each evening (often informal, impromptu gatherings), usually one or more seminars led by VAC members, a special VAC Social in the Hospitality Tent, and the regular VAC membership meeting. It is possible to be a busy or as relaxed as you like when attending the International Rally, and it isn't absolutely necessary to stay for the entire run of the Rally but there isn't any price adjustment for less than the full-run. The International gives the participant a great opportunity to meet fellow VAC members and experience the fun of WBCCI membership. In all probability, information about the VAC events during the WBCCI International Rally (especially those that are open to the public) will be publicized on the VAC web site a month or two prior to the Rally. The Rally usually begins on June 25 (usually the date for the VAC Parade into the Rally Grounds) and ends on July 4.

Prior to the International there will be a Wagon Wheel Caravan touring much of the Eastern Seaboard on the way to the International Rally. This will be the first Wagon Wheel Caravan that I have missed since 1998 when my Airstream was too long for the Caravan. I believe, however, that the Caravan is already booked-up with a waiting list. The Wagon Wheel Caravan or Rally is always a tremendous amount of fun for its entire run.

Quote:
What subjects to you teach, Kevin, out there in Mercer County Illinois, near Rock Island. Isn't there song about the "Rock Island Line?" Is that the same Rock Island?
I teach Business Education and Computer Applications. I can't say with any definite assurance, but there is some link between Rock Island and the Rock Island Line. I am a native of the Chicago area, and have just been in this area a little more than two years.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:34 AM   #45
1 Rivet Member

My 22 and a half footer...

Hello Everyone!
It's my pleasure to meet you virtually! I wanted to introduce myself to this portion of this delightful forum on a truly awesome site. Being a true fisherman I had to 'stretch' the truth a bit on the size of my "Bauble of Earthly Delights" (typo on the photo) as so many of my friends and family have dubbed it. Over the years & miles, I have had some of the best times of my life in my “home away from home”. I purchased it from an incredible artist in the early 80’s when my Pop spotted it in a newspaper ad after my family & I became aware of the “Magic” they posses (sp? What no spell check?). Being a "Jolly Tinker" at heart, I’m getting ready to spend the best years of my life camping in it's comfort… or as my friends say... "Room service is never late". I’ll not bother you with questions that may have been asked over the “rivets” until I give the site a good looking at… I’m hoping to pull this little jewel around the parts of the world I want to see… Ireland, New Zealand & the “Der Nürburg Ring” to set a new Guinness World Record.
Please just tell me this. Where can I get the “METAL” curtain hangers instead of the LAME plastic ones?
Kind Regards
Tim Kelly
Tim Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:08 PM   #46
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Greetings

Nice to meet you Tim Kelly (virturally speaking of course!) You sound like you have had much experience with your trailer so you are probibly ahead of us in knowledge. We have owned our lovely 22' since Sept 02, but did not get to use her much before winter set in. We are looking forward to our first real trip in her soon (Spring maybe). As far as the curtain hooks, I can only suggest Andy with Inland RV there in Cali. He logs onto the forum quite often and has an 800# that you can get from his profile. We have a number of the plastic hooks dangling on our curtains that are broken so if there are metal replacements, that would be great! Glad to have you aboard. Later, Leigh
Old 01-21-2003, 03:41 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
2004 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Memphis , Tennessee
O.K., the deer and duck season is over. The Argosy did a great job of keeping me warm and dry. Thanks to Kevin it is now in the paint shop. It should be finished in about a month. That is fine, it gave us some time to take the 25ft'r south to Key West. I will post pictures when the paint job is finished. The timing will be perfect to do interior work, then it is turkey season.

Brian
WBCCI #5167
2004 Land Yacht XL396
2003 25' Classic
2005 GMC Sierra
fdx753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 12:37 AM   #48
1 Rivet Member

Leigh,
I just wanted to ask you if the pictures of the inside of your Minuet are of a 22 footer? I have always though that mine was 22 feet yet yours has a differnet floor plan and is noticeably longer. Mine is currently at my parents home 60 miles from here which is why I'm not able to verify the size with the serial # identification information shared in a previous posting. I'll verify that & take some detailed pictures of the 'revitalization' projects I'm working on.
Your Minuet looks quite nice by the way.

Tim Kelly
Tim Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 06:26 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings Tim, and welcome to the forum!

An easy way to tell just how Airstream sold your Argosy is to check the title/registration for the serial number. The serial number should tell you several things about your trailer such as:

20D8V1666

20 = Trailer Length
D = Double Bed floor plan
8 = 1978 Model Year
V = Versailles, OH production facility
1666 = Sequential production number.

Another way to tell if your coach is a 22' rig is by the prsenence of an operable window ahead of the curbside door. The 20' Minuets only have one curbside operable window.

There were also two floorplans available with the 20' Minuet (and I suspect with the 22' as well). The floorplan that was most heavily publicized had a dinette across the front of the coach with a gaucho across the streetside wall. The second floorplan was a special order option (but was mentioned in the factory literature) places a gaucho across the front of the coach as well as having the streetside gaucho. With the two gaucho arrangement, a credenza table folds up against the curbside wall into a small cabinet.

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 01-23-2003, 10:14 AM   #50
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hey Tim - Yes, all the pictures shown are of our 22' Minuet. She has three windows on the streetside, an extra window just to the right of the door on the curbside (as Kevin mentioned) and on the outside the number (metric) 6.7. She has the dinette at the front with the streetside gaucho as Kevin mentioned. The only other 22' that has been found or discussed (here on the AS forum) is the Texas Minuet belonging to Chas. He is in the process of selling his I understand....

Hey, Chas , have you had nibbles? Would be interested in the final sale figure if you don't mind. You have it looking so nice, what made you decide to sell? Or was that always on your mind?

Anyway, Tim, are you having any luck with your curtains. Inland Andy is pretty knowledgable about parts and knickknacks for the AS trailers. He would probibly know best if anything is available like what you are looking for.
Later, Leigh
PS Thanks for the compliment on "Mini" We love our trailer.

PSS Kevin Did you get your Argosy back from all the redecorating yet? Have you posted any pics? I'm really looking forward to seeing those!!
Old 01-23-2003, 10:56 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings Leigh!

My Minuet is still in Western Kentucky with the restoration folks at Fowler Interiors. It's kind of like remodeling a house - - while we're at it should we . . . . . well to make a long story short, after having three of the original tambour doors begin falling apart just after having been opened or closed three or four times, I decided to opt for all new tambour and several new tracks - - they will be using birch veneer tambour and pickling it to arrive at a color approximating that of the original. The last time I was home and checked on the coach all was progressing well. The target date for completion is May 1 which should provide enough time to get it to Ace Fogdall RV for a new air conditioner and TV antenna before my departure for the International Rally in Vermont.

As an aside, I just ran across and purchased a pair of the side panels for the front window rock guards. They were brand new NOS but had been separated from the center section for a customer with a pre-1969 trailer with the single front window. Now all I have to do is to find someone who will fabricate the center section with clear Lexan and I will have my rock guards ready for the summer travel season. I am in the process of getting a quote from Ace Fogdall RV, Inc. for the mounting hardware and telescoping support arms.

Tim, you might have luck finding new curtain hardware through your nearest Kirsch drapery hardware dealer. Most (but not all) of the hardware used in attaching the drapes in Airstream came from Kirsch or had near equivalents that are still available from Kirsch - - I just purchased two envelopes of Kirsch parts for my '64 Overlander from a local upholsterer/interior decorator.

I also was looking through my Minuet literature and ran across another difference between the 6.0 Metre and the larger Minuets (as Leigh mentioned) - - the 6.0 Metre has only two streetside operable windows while both the 6.7 and 7.4 Metre versions are shown with three operable streetside windows. Also, according to the literature, all three Minuets were available with either dinette or a lounge configuration (across the front of the coach) - - and the 24' could be had with twin beds on either side of the center aisle just ahead of the rear bahtroom.

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 01-23-2003, 11:20 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Texas Minuet

Leigh,

I didn't really plan on selling it, it just got a little small for the wife and I and our two dogs. Believe me, it really pained me to decide to put it for sale, I just don't need two of them at this time, storage issues, maintenance, etc. Found a deal on the Overlander which was too good to pass up. I will be taking it to a vintage meet this weekend though, wonder if there will be any other Argosy units there? I will let you know. I will also let you know when I get it sold and for how much.

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:36 AM   #53
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
This weekend

Chas

So I'll be seeing you and your Argosy this weekend, then. Looks like we may get sprinkled on a bit.

I'll be out there early to give Myron a hand.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
Hi! our minuet is a 22 ft. We are in the process of redoing it and if I can ever figure out the picture thing, I will post. the VIN is 22D9V6054. We were told it was a 1978 but the vin looks like a 1979 and the manual in a 1977 but fits completely with our trailer. Oh well, I was looking for paint information as Mark had to patch a place on the outer skin when we mover the hot water heater to the other side. I also need to find parr-bond to reseal my lights etc. ... So I guess I'll mosey on .......... Nice thread...... we have been so busy with unimportant things that it has been months since I checked in. Glad to see you all are still going strong. Oh yeah! I'm from Belleville Illinois origionally - so it was nice to hear from some midwesterners.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #55

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
troy , Ohio
i have one....i think

i believe i have a 24' minuet.....it has twin beds and the litture i have list it as a 7.3 but thr vin # is 24T9V6139 any info? thanx
fixbymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #56

troy , Ohio
i have a 24" minuet you described.......tandem axles, twin beds...everything works, well mostly the fridge wont work on electric, but chills great on gas. ive never tried the furnace.....
fixbymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois

Greetings fixbymark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixbymark
i believe i have a 24' minuet.....it has twin beds and the litture i have list it as a 7.3 but thr vin # is 24T9V6139 any info? thanx
According to the information that I have, your coach is indeed a Minuet 7.3 Metre -- according to my information, your VIN decodes as:

24' (7.3 Metre)
T (Twin Bed Floorplan)
9 (1979 Model Year)
V (Versailles, OH assembly plant)
6139 (Sequential Production Number)

While Argosy advertised the Minuets utilizing metric lengths, the titles and data plates reflected the more traditional US measurement system. My 6.0 Metre Minuet reflects 20' in its VIN.

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 01-18-2006, 08:53 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

Thonotosassa , Florida
7.3 Minuet

Kevin, I have a 24 foot minuet here in Fl. I am in the middle of restoring it . It does have the 7 foot floor, double bed,front sofa. Curt. Minuet 7.3
minuet7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #59
M&C

1979 27' Argosy 27
Huntsville , Alabama
1979 Argosy

I think we may have a 23' Argosy. It has a 7' floor width. I just joined but I will try to put a picture on soon.
M&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #60
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Welcome to the forums. Airstreams and Argosys are measured from the bumper to the ball... and the measuerments are not quite exact. There was some "rounding up". If you have the serial number we can help you figure it out.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote