Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #1

Las Vegas , Nevada
Argosy interior dimensions

My wife and I are casually searching for an argosy to renovate. Our original intent was to buy something we could camp in for a year while we gather materials then go to town on it over a winter here in Vegas. I have a 1980 6.7 minuet that has popped up in my area on Craigslist but it is nearly completely gutted.

Does anyone know the interior dimensions of such a trailer? We are trying to map out as much as possible before we bid on someone else's project. Knowing a close approximation of the space available will help some with he design.

We have a toddler and two Shih Tzus that we travel with, mainly for long weekends. I like the idea of a minuet because either of our vehicles will tow it with no problems, and it is narrow enough for my wife to be comfortable towing. I am just a little concerned because it is smaller than anything we have looked at. I do think we could make it work though.
Dlbrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
About 7 feet wide and about 21 feet long on the interior. Gutted means you can see more of the problems you will face doing a reno. Any of the interior parts included or is it the "Gosh I got tired and threw all the old stuff away?" dead project?
Old 04-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #3

Las Vegas , Nevada

Good enough for the basics. I found window heights on another thread. Last questions: distance from front of coach to the entrance door? And distance from the from of the coach to the axle? Everything else is close enough.

I don't think it would come with anything. I need to go take a look. Waiting on some insurance money to pay out. With that in my pocket my wife and I will go have a look. I am anticipating having to buy all appliances. The bathroom looks intact, so do a lot of interior fittings. Otherwise it is empty. It does appear to have a roll out awning though.

I did some basic sketch outs in excel and I think we could make it work pretty well. It will depend on if the seller is willing to budge on price.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Newnan , Georgia
Mine is a 6.0, so I can't help with those measurements. Minuets are narrower than regular argosies, and it's a noticeable difference when two people are trying to pass each other in the walkway, but it's doable.

You may want to ask the seller for the vin number. Your first post says 1980, but I think 1979 was last year for the rounded argosies.

Vin number will tell you the length, original layout, year, and factory it was made

-First 2 numbers are length in feet. Your 6.7 should say 22
-Next letter is the layout
A=Center bath
D=Double bed
R=Rear Door
T=Twin bed
-next number is the year (it will be a single number for 197x)
-next letter is the factory (either s or v)
-remaining numbers are just a sequential id number
fluxcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:21 PM   #5

Las Vegas , Nevada

The pictures clearly show a rounded argosy. I found some documentation on the airstream site that supported 1980 argosy trailers. If the listing is correct I wonder if it is 1979 model that was originally built/titled/registered in early 1980?
Old 04-14-2017, 03:01 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Newnan , Georgia
There's no telling. There is a brochure for a 1980 model and even a manual, but I don't think it ever actually made it to a sales floor. But who knows, there may be a handful out there.

Thread with brochure
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f227...uet-69406.html
fluxcap is offline   Reply With Quote