Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #15

1973 Argosy 26
Shelton , Connecticut
Fresh water tank 73 Argosy

my tank is the same as the picture Tom S has up except mine is alittle bit bigger. Its 82x13 1/2 x 8 1/2 deep. even a rectangle tank I can make work because its under the front bed. If anyone knows where to get a square one I will also try that. Thanks for all the comments keepem coming. If I find a solution I will post it for the rest of you.
Thanks
Ron

Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
Hamilton , Montana
My images of the front gaucho/water tank are in the Argosy images section.
I also require assistance in the form of a "flow chart" or how to plumb in the water pump. PO failed to mention that.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #17

1973 Argosy 26
Shelton , Connecticut
73 Argosy water tank

my tank has filler neck in same place. I located 1, in NJ but the tank n crate free n shipping is over $ 600
Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Fresno/Clovis , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Roger.

Your tank is not the same.

Please notice where the filler neck is on the tank in Tom S photo.

There was 2 different tanks used back then.

We had an issue getting one of these before, but got it resolved.

One of them is 82 inches long, which we have.

Andy
Nope, mine is in the same place, you just can't see it because I capped it off, not using it any more.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodronnie View Post
my tank is the same as the picture Tom S has up except mine is alittle bit bigger. Its 82x13 1/2 x 8 1/2 deep. even a rectangle tank I can make work because its under the front bed. If anyone knows where to get a square one I will also try that. Thanks for all the comments keepem coming. If I find a solution I will post it for the rest of you.
Thanks
Ron
I researched new tanks before I decided to repair mine. Just be aware there are not very good warrantees, and some offer none.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Savage 68
From the tank outlet: to a strainer: from the strainer: to the inlet of the pump: from the pump to the cold water supply line in the coach.
To can put a 3 way Tee in the line between the strainer and inlet to the pump. This tee makes it easy to add RV anti freeze when winterizing.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
Hamilton , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie
Savage 68
From the tank outlet: to a strainer: from the strainer: to the inlet of the pump: from the pump to the cold water supply line in the coach.
To can put a 3 way Tee in the line between the strainer and inlet to the pump. This tee makes it easy to add RV anti freeze when winterizing.
Thanks TG
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Pearland , Texas
I have a 73 Argosy 24 foot with the same style round corner tank under the front gaucho. Around the filler neck was cracked also. I repaired mine using polyethylene ( the same plastic the tank is made of) and a soldering iron melting the crack back together and fillling in around it with extra plastic. I also agree that blocking the tank so that it cannot move around is a must so that no undue stress is placed on the repair. I fixed mine three years ago and not a single problem since. When mine was cracked I found the same advice here on the forums and was extremely satisfied with the results. Try to find something made of similar plastic to practice on first if youve never done it before, crack it, melt it back together and try to break it. You'll be amazed at how strong you can make it with a little practice.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujak View Post
I have a 73 Argosy 24 foot with the same style round corner tank under the front gaucho. Around the filler neck was cracked also. I repaired mine using polyethylene ( the same plastic the tank is made of) and a soldering iron melting the crack back together and fillling in around it with extra plastic. I also agree that blocking the tank so that it cannot move around is a must so that no undue stress is placed on the repair. I fixed mine three years ago and not a single problem since. When mine was cracked I found the same advice here on the forums and was extremely satisfied with the results. Try to find something made of similar plastic to practice on first if youve never done it before, crack it, melt it back together and try to break it. You'll be amazed at how strong you can make it with a little practice.
If anyone needs some of the polyethylene, I have some left over from adding the cleanouts to my tank, just PM me I will mail it to you.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #24

1973 Argosy 24
Sevierville , Tennessee
I just removed the tank from my 24' and have no plans on putting it back in If your still looking for one
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #25

1973 Argosy 24
Sevierville , Tennessee
I have one I'm not going to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodronnie View Post
Im looking for help to get a new fresh water tank for my 1973 Argosy 26. It has 2 rounded corners to fit the shape of the front of the camper. If anyone has a phone number to Airstream or a plstic tank place that makes them. or any other info I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
Ron
I removed it from my 73 it was in the front under gaucho
Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
Hamilton , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csfraley View Post

I removed it from my 73 it was in the front under gaucho
If "sloshing" of the water in a large tank causes balance or momentum problems, you may want to consider what the Air Force
Does in its tankers, either tanks w baffles, hard to install after market, or, and this is easier, as long as you have to replace a tank anyways, consider two or three smaller after market tanks bolted down but connected by half or one one lines.
Jerry cans are ok but sort of defeats the purpose of having a turnkey camper, if you get my drift.