Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Republic , Washington
Had to laugh when reading this post from Pop & GG! We fell victim to the siren's call of the Argosy Minuet's curved windows, too! Also, no rational thought (or not much) involved before we purchased our 1978 6.7 last week. Ours has been somewhat restored, but needs a new axle (coming next week) and hopefully not too much more. Aluminum floor suffers from some sagging, so we're looking into reinforcing from below. Haven't tested out all of the wiring yet. Now we have to upgrade our towing vehicle. Any suggestions along those lines?? Thanks!

Julian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
What is your current tow vehicle? These really don't need a big tow vehicle. I've been happy towing with my Honda Odyssey, but I've also used (and enjoyed) a Ford Flex/Lincoln MKT and a Jeep Grand Cherokee/Dodge Durango.

It helped my floor when Frank's Trailer Works welded in three more cross-members between the original ones. It also helped to put down Marmoleum Click floating floor.

Enjoy the trailer!

mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Argosy 1978 6.7 Metre Minuet experts out there?

I second Tom's recommendation for floating floors in Minuets with the composite aluminum floors. Fowler RV Interiors installed Armstrong Laminate floating floors in my 6.0 Metre Minuet more than seven years ago, and they still look like new and have been very compatible with the aluminum composite floors. The quiet step underlayment offered by Armstrong was a big plus in the installation as it added significant cushioning that seems to make the floor very quiet and it also seemed to make the floor warmer as well.

I haven't had to have additional crossmembers in my 6.0 Metre, but have corresponded with several owners of 6.7 Metre Minuets who have had additional crossmembers fabricated to limit the sway in composite floors. The good thing is that we don't have to worry about the floors rotting if we find a moisture leak . . . but we do have to be vigilant with leaks just the same particularly if we have floating floors that don't co-exist with moisture.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote