Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
My '74 26 ft Argosy has both grey and black water tanks. I think this one will as well. It looks clean and the price is in the ballpark. Good Luck!
Is your grey tank factory installed? I thought everything I've read told me not until '75 did Argosys have the second tank. I love your cabinets!! Thanks for your comments.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
The Argosy layout is almost identical to my 75 TW. It has tanks but they are small. The trailer looks good in the pictures. I did not see any picture of the refrigerator, do you know if it is an original. Many times people replace them with a small electric which would be a concern if you boondock.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
The Argosy layout is almost identical to my 75 TW. It has tanks but they are small. The trailer looks good in the pictures. I did not see any picture of the refrigerator, do you know if it is an original. Many times people replace them with a small electric which would be a concern if you boondock.
Richard, it does need a new propane fridge. But other than that, it looks and sounds pretty good. Even the axle situation looks pretty good in the picture.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV H-D Lady View Post
Here's the correct link...
1976 24' Argosy - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale
Old 09-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
New Refer?

Why do you say it needs a new refer? Is it missing? If it is still there I have posted a number of ways to check it out before laying out big bucks for a new one. Don't buy a new one yet.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
Why do you say it needs a new refer? Is it missing? If it is still there I have posted a number of ways to check it out before laying out big bucks for a new one. Don't buy a new one yet.
Thanks TG Twinkie, but there isn't an RV fridge in the trailer, just a little electric one.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #21
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Looking at the rear pic, you need to consider that there is/has been water infiltration. Ours had serious rot there and you could not even see the separation of the bumper to the frame and thats what this one looks like it has. I fixed it now, time consuming and a steep learning curve but I only paid 3.5k for ours (still too much, I believe) and expected this would be the case.
Contrast with this one I just saw on Kijiji Airstream Argosy 28' - Calgary Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada. He is ASKING 3k Canadian (= 6cents US doesn't it?) fully equipped apparently.
I know you are not into making the trip to Alberta but I guess the point is there are others, for less, fully equipped (but you know that). In fact, Okotoks is way closer to the US border than the last one I posted you

Anyway, FWIW

Bex