Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Anyone looked at this Argosy?

It looks like a 26', not a 24' as the ad says. Has anyone looked at it? Any comments about any obvious (to the trained eye) things to be concerned about?

Thanks

http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/1892064510.html
http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/1877479537.html
RV H-D Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
No, not my area but I would take a good look at those edges where the lino is curled.
Ours had curled lino and severe floor rot in that area.
Better internal condition than ours as well from the look of it.

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex View Post
No, not my area but I would take a good look at those edges where the lino is curled.
Ours had curled lino and severe floor rot in that area.
Better internal condition than ours as well from the look of it.

Bex
Good point, Bex, but you'd think he'd tack it down himself to cover up the rot if that's the situation. I'm planning on calling him soon and will ask about.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Anyone looked at this Argosy?

In the second link, the seller mentions having purchased a replacement refrigerator for installation. It is likely not an RV refrigerator as one would cost a 1/3 or more of what he is asking. The replacement, if a household electric type, will make the coach far less valuable for traveling.

I am also suspicious of the lack of photos showing the streetside and rear exterior of the coach. Did the seller just overlook this, or is there damage that he/she didn't want to reveal??

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Thanks Overlander. The fridge issue is on my list of questions for him. He hasn't answered my email with a long list of questions and I haven't gotten him on the phone yet. I'll keep trying.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
How far are you willing to travel?
There are a few available in Alberta right now, one in particular, a 27ft Argosy since July. I spoke to the seller and it all checked out, I got the VIN (at that time) but was already in the process of buying the one I now have. I can PM you with the link to it and another one or you can do a search on kijiji.ca in Alberta-Edmonton and punch in Airstream these two and a bunch of others will come up.
Might be useful for comparison.

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
sun city , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex View Post
How far are you willing to travel?
There are a few available in Alberta right now, one in particular, a 27ft Argosy since July. I spoke to the seller and it all checked out, I got the VIN (at that time) but was already in the process of buying the one I now have. I can PM you with the link to it and another one or you can do a search on kijiji.ca in Alberta-Edmonton and punch in Airstream these two and a bunch of others will come up.
Might be useful for comparison.

Bex
Thanks Bex, but the 800+ miles for this one is far enough. And as of now I think I'm heading out to get it on Monday.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nice!