Old 09-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
An new Argosy adventure

Well we have purchased a 28 foot 1976 Argosy...we are selling our 1972 22 foot model..if anyone in Canada or US is interested...it is on Kijji Kitchener
However I am not selling that in this post.
A few questions/concerns about the new trailer...I am hoping to get some advice. Recalling that I am not very handy..
1/We tried the propane yesterday and the tanks seem full turned everything on, but nothing got to the stove top, water heater etc...the regulator which at the front...was turned both ways to try each tank..?
2/All inside lights do not work...I know from our older model,that sometimes they just don't,but all of them? Where do I find and replace fuses..would there be just one for all the lights. Plugs work okay.
3/One of the levellers is so stiff and rusted it is impossible to put down..any hints to get is loosened and down.
4/Refrigerator...does not seem to get cool...freezer seems okay, although we have to go out and check it again today...would the refrigerator coils go?
YES, we did view the trailer last week and they have an invoice from a trailer place that says most of these were checked. The trailer has not been used this season, which for Ontario area is April till Oct. The previous owners did tell us the refrigerator would not work with propane..but we don't mind, as long as the electrical cools fine.
Well, sorry long post..any ''easy" repairs?
If not I will call the repair guy tomorrow
Thanks, Wade
Stratford ONT. Canada

Old 09-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Congratulations on the new trailer.

#1.
Since you have a dual regulator, does the sight glass turn green when either tank is on or does it stay red? If it's red the tank(s) are empty or no pressure is getting to the regulator. It should not matter which way the valve is moved to, the regulator should auto switch over if one is empty. The switch just determines which tank will be used if they both have propane.

Each of the items you mentioned should have a propane shut off valve. Most are located under the trailer near the device that the service. The one for the stove should be located inside the stove under the top surface.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Propane

Thanks Richard- No the regulator stays red...funny because he was billed for two full propane tanks..hmm? They do feel heavy..but not full. We did look under the stove top for a switch yesterday..our older model had that switch, but no luck.
Will investigate further. If the trailer place charged him for propane or as they said in their invoice..tested and all pilot lights work..there is an issue.
Oh they joy
Wade
Old 09-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

As far as you 12 volt lights go. Is your trailer battery functional? If it is, start checking the automotive (12 volt) fused at the converter box. Also check the 110 volt circuit breakers while you are there.

If the coach battery is not any good, you must replace it to get the 12 volt components of your trailer operational. You must also check you converter operation to see if it is charging the battery.

On the stabilizers, I would give the screw drives a good dousing in WD-40, and let it soak in. Once you get them moving, use an 18 volt cordless drill to put theme up and down numerous times. Them apply some spray-on white lithium grease to the drive screws.

If the freezer is working, give the refrigerator a chance to catch up. Our refer section is much slower getting going than the freezer is. Also make sure that the refer thermostat (if yours has one) is set to cold.

Good luck, Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
If you were charged for propane, and the pilot were checked, I'd say you have an issue. Also is thew water heater working?

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Argosy questions

The previous owners were charged for 2 full propane tanks... I am assuming they may have not done that...but I will check out a couple things. No the water tank does not light up either.
Thanks Brian for the advice on other stuff. I am by no means 'handy', but the trailer came with a manual..so I should be able to figure out the electrical stuff. They apparently got a new battery when they had it in. I am hoping it is just something easy.. I am thinking it might be easy to replace a fuse?
Thanks again!
Wade
ps- We are having Florida type weather up here...I am realizing that winter is not far off....