Old 11-13-2014, 02:17 AM   #15
Cheetah

1978 Argosy 30
Kensington , Gauteng
Hello Steven C, I have a one-owner 1978 Argosy 30' RB Dbl. w/Bunk in Apache Junction Storage AZ. and although I have it advertised on 6th November in C.L. Phoenix/East Valley as a unit on RVS+Camp for $5000 with a white 1976 Cpe de Ville tow car, will consider offers ! TT done about 60K & car is a 2 owner off a G.M. lease out of Dallas at 119K. $5529 spent with John Gerachty of Trailer Life Mag. Motor Consultant fame, fitting Stellite valve seats for alternative fuels in South Africa incl. replaced wearing parts in V8 w/genuine G.M. standard size ones - no rebore - 4K ago. Has new 3"Cat/Convertor +free-flow muffler and pipes. Starter/Power steering pump have G.M. re-built units 1K ago. Can send you more data by P.C. and call you for ANY questions before friend in A.J. can show Rig and assist starting car. <randerson@iburst.co.za> (Pilot of the SAAF 'Flying Cheetahs' with USAF in Korean War, 1953.) Cheetah.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:19 AM   #16
JUST LOOKIN

Currently Looking...
MALIBU , California
Our old girl is a 72 26ft and all i can say is rust and rot. We found a rusted out rear frame and rotten floor under the tub and toilet. The trunk area frame was gone too and it was a major job to repair the damage.
Check the plumbing, gas, and electrical components and know what you are getting into.
We had to replumb the entire trailer, replace flooring, counter top and many other projects to bring her back to life.
That being said, we love the old girl and she sure turns heads a the rv parks.
We plan to keep her until one of us fall apart and anyway, she's forty two years old and we are in our sixties. Our plumbing, electrical, and bodies are not all that great either.
Good luck and we think you will have trouble selling yours once you spend the time and effort to get it back on the road again.
Sincerely,
jen & loren silva

Old 11-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #17
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Hello Steven C, I have a one-owner 1978 Argosy 30' RB Dbl. w/Bunk in Apache Junction Storage AZ. and although I have it advertised on 6th November in C.L. Phoenix/East Valley as a unit on RVS+Camp for $5000 with a white 1976 Cpe de Ville tow car, will consider offers ! TT done about 60K & car is a 2 owner off a G.M. lease out of Dallas at 119K. $5529 spent with John Gerachty of Trailer Life Mag. Motor Consultant fame, fitting Stellite valve seats for alternative fuels in South Africa incl. replaced wearing parts in V8 w/genuine G.M. standard size ones - no rebore - 4K ago. Has new 3"Cat/Convertor +free-flow muffler and pipes. Starter/Power steering pump have G.M. re-built units 1K ago. Can send you more data by P.C. and call you for ANY questions before friend in A.J. can show Rig and assist starting car. <randerson@iburst.co.za> (Pilot of the SAAF 'Flying Cheetahs' with USAF in Korean War, 1953.) Cheetah.
It would be nice to see pics of that combination. Would you post them please?
Old 11-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
Argosy Adveture

1977 Argosy 22
Dallas , Texas
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the input. There were all the problems mentioned and more when we went to see this one live, so it was a hard pass. The search continues. Thanks again!
Old 11-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #19
Cheetah

1978 Argosy 30
Kensington , Gauteng
Hello Bex,
How would I do that ? Can send them to your e-mail address if you want ?
Thanks for your interest. Cheetah.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
You could also list it on the Classified here on the forums and add pictures there.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #21
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Hello Bex,
How would I do that ? Can send them to your e-mail address if you want ?
Thanks for your interest. Cheetah.
You go to "manage attachments" when you create a reply to a thread, its below this box that we write in, and is titled "Additional Options"
You choose "upload file from your computer" and locate the pics and click on them, then hit "Upload"
Done

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1975 Argosy 20
new iberia , Louisiana
We have been looking for an Argosy Minuet around 22 to 24 ft. and finding it hard to come by. I had looked at the one that has been discus here but also find the back end looks like it might have problems and the owner would only come down a few hundred. It was bigger then we wonted anyway.
Their is a 24 ft. argosy in Ark. on creglist around little rock that looks nice and clean but just not feeling it. Was told the Refrigerator don't work and tires look good but are four to five years old. So guess we will keep looking, I'm sure their is one out their just waiting for a good home.