Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Alberta, looking for a wreck/parts unit thread

A couple of us got off topic on the VIN Database thread, discussing the possibility of picking up some parts from junkers or wrecks.
So I thought it would be better to start the thread concerning that right here.
There are currently 3 of us in Alberta that have had a brief conversation about this.
There is possibly a damaged 28 ft (I think) West of Edmonton.
If anyone knows of any more, add them here and perhaps someone can go take a look.
I suppose the one requirement is that they can be towed, safely.
If you have an interest in looking at, or finding one or getting parts off one, I guess you should express some interest here.

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
St Albert , Alberta
Renting a hauling flatbed trailer to move an unsafe trailer would be an option, depending on the length of the find. Renting such a trailer is surprisingly cheap.
Likely would need a winch of some sort.

Will

Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
I picked up a 30ft trailer full of parts today and I will list them in the classifieds section in due course.

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Spruce Grove , Alberta
hey guys, im so glad we have a local handle of parts. I will make it out to look at the wreck in the field near-ish me next week and inquire on its status.
but I need some caulking/sealant to fix some seams and such.
have researched, but not found where to get it in Canada (patience is running thin).
can you help a gal out? Fastenal distributor in Acheson park cant bring it in from states unless its an entire case... does anyone else need some and wanna share?
janel.p
Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Janel P
PM me and I will tell you what I did.
I have also used "Big Stretch" from Rona which has now stood up to two of our winters.
Bex

Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 28
1975 Argosy 22
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Camrose , Alberta
I have been dying to know since I saw this thread. How long ago did you hear about the Argosy sitting in a field west of Edmonton? Reason being we bought an Argosy from west of Edmonton near the end of June this year. I'm just curious as to whether or not the one we scooped up is the one you're talking about lol.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Hey AlbertaBound. Welcome!
This is without doubt the best resource for information about our trailers.
But we do need pictures!!

Cheers

Bex

Old 08-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Spruce Grove , Alberta
I saw the argosy a couple of months ago. Just south of Hwy 39, straight south of hwy60. Thinking of driving by tomorrow, will inquire and take some pics. Will keep you posted. It looked like it was missing some windows, and had no tarp coverage, so will see what kinda shape its in, as I have no clue on how long its been there.
Couple of argosys in central Alberta, we should plan for a camp out as there is so much to admire and talk a out. There is a great little fiberglass rally (bowlers and trilliums), that we tag along with. They are a great bunch of like minded folks who allow us alumnuts to join their fun. Campfire picking and potluck so bring your instruments and an appetite. If there is sufficient interest, I will post a link. Its at Miquelon lake, so super close for all.
Cheers
Janel.p
Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 28
1975 Argosy 22
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Camrose , Alberta
Nope, definitely not the same trailer. We picked ours up just off of Range Road 13 (I think) north of Hwy 16. No windows missing thankfully, but there is a plexi-glass one that hadn't been sealed properly. I'll have to snap what pictures I can of it, it's currently gutted on the inside and the shell is sitting next to the frame on our driveway. The inside was identical to another one on here, the most recent guy to pick up a 1976 28' centre bath. Except ours was missing the twins and stand in the bedroom and has a dinette at the front instead rather than the gaucho. Info on the rally at Miquelon would be much appreciated Janel.P. We're local to that area so it would be a fun day trip for sure.