Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 30' Argosy
Somerville , Ohio
AC drain lines

When the AC is on I have condensate water that drips from both overflow lines, I thought this was normal...until I bought a service manual. The manual states if water drips from either overflow line to check for kinks, obstructions or check trailer for levelness. I'm confused, is it a misprint, if not where does the condensate water go, if not out the intended overflow drains?
Gtbze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Is it dripping inside or outside?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1979 30' Argosy
Somerville , Ohio
Sorry it's dripping outside, this seems normal to me, but the service manual states otherwise. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
I'm do not know your model of AC yours is but for all that I know of it would be normal for dripping outside.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1979 30' Argosy
Somerville , Ohio
It's a duo-therm, it is a replacement. The AC works great, doesn't freeze up and seems to drain well! I bought an original 1979 AS service manual, my camper is a 1979 Argosy 30ft. I'm just confused by the service manual telling me to look for problems if I see water coming from either drain.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
If water is draining outside, that is good. It is when it starts draining from the pan into the interior that is bad. My AC can not keep up with the current high humidity we are having down here and keeps overflowing the pan after about 2 hours of running.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1979 30' Argosy
Somerville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF
If water is draining outside, that is good. It is when it starts draining from the pan into the interior that is bad. My AC can not keep up with the current high humidity we are having down here and keeps overflowing the pan after about 2 hours of running.
That's what I thought, haven't had any come inside though, that sucks! On mine the secondary overflow doesn't drip unless it's really humid. I think the service manual has a misprint.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
N/A , N/A
Dear Gtbze,

I have a question about your camper and I greatly appreciate your response.

I have looked at Airstream.com website and know the 1979 30' Argosy dry tongue weight is 405 for rear bath and 520 for center bath models. I was just wondering what is the loaded tongue weight of your camper?

Just so I understand, besides what you put in the camper, what are the elements that add to the hitch weight? I have a list which I am not sure is accurate (spare tire, batteries, propane tank, and WD hitch). Is there anything missing from the list? (or is anything redundant here?)

Thanks a lot!
rostam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
Water in the fresh water tank, at about 8 lbs per gallon, Power hitch, Air conditioner, are items that come to mind.
ventport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
N/A , N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventport View Post
Water in the fresh water tank, at about 8 lbs per gallon, Power hitch, Air conditioner, are items that come to mind.
Thanks for the info ventport!

May I ask what is the loaded hitch weight of your Airstream?

Best,
rostam is offline   Reply With Quote