Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
A/C condensate drain tube?

Ran the A/C today on my 73 argosy 24 and had a flood. Condensate pan overflowed. My trusty underwater fishing camera came to the rescue and I was able to determine the existence and location of the drain fitting. a long zip tie confirmed that it was a drain fitting. My question is "Where is the other end?" I cannot see any water coming out the bottom of the trailer. I don't really want to disassemble the air conditioner unless it is necessary. Can i find the other end of the tube and use an electrician's fish tape to make sure it is clear?
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
First you have to determine if you overflowed the pan or have a leak in the pan or the connection from the pan to the flow tube. My leak was from the connection to the drain tube. It was a pressed pipe fitting attached to the pan. Leaked at the joint. Used J B Weld an epoxy good to go. If you are looking for the end of the drain it is either supposed to drain onto the roof or if not, a tube should be visible on the street side near the wheel well. I was suprised to find how easy it was to inspect the inside of the A/C unit from the inside. I would check that out first. Good Luck.

Airdreamers

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
If there is a drain tube, the pipe comes out somewhere along the outside edge of the trailer beneath the wall. If you see the drain tube going from the AC toward the road side it should be pretty close to going straight out at the shortest distance. If there is a window it will jog to one side. If it hits in the wheel well it might be there.
I have had insects fill the tube at bottom end. Try using a short plastic probe to clean out the end. Or, try a vacuum to suck the trash out. If that does not work, try compressed air to blow it out. Be careful if you try to use a wire, it can puncture the tube and cause a leak.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Drain is working now. It drains out onto the roof and runs down the side of the trailer. At least it is distilled water so it should not leave any stains.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote