Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Eugene , Oregon
Good advice

Thanks for all the advice! I will incorporate all of your ideas. Fortunately the trailer connector has the flat six pin connector that matches my Ford truck plug in, so that is good. Also the truck used to pull a fifth wheel so all the electrics are heavy duty. My truck is also electric brake equipped. So if I run down the road and I find a hot wheel I would think my only recourse would be to pull the wheel then add grease or look for a dragging brake shoe. Can you advise on the type of bulbs to bring?
I am so excited to get the trailer home and really see what damage there is.
Bruce and Ronda
bebling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Eugene , Oregon
A Happy Return Trip!

We left Eugene, OR last Friday early in the morning and arrived in Old Station CA around 12:30pm. The trailer was not moved from the field where it had sat for over a year. We got the trailer up to the driveway installed the WDH checked the tire pressure, connected the wiring and I was amazed that all lights worked and even the electric brakes! I had packed a whole truck full of floor jack, bottle jacks, temporary lights, tools, tools and mor tools to find out I did not need any of it.
We left Old Station after about an hour stopping frequently to test brakes and to feel for a warm rim indicating a bad bearing. Everything checked out good so we drove up to Mt. Shasta where we spent a cold night since I was not able to test any of the systems. The next day we drove the Argosy home with no issues. The trailor tracked well and was hardly noticed. All in all a great trip.

Now since it is home I need to see what I really have and get to work. Not really sure where to start, but I think evaluating the floor might be first on the list.
Bruce & Ronda Ebling
bebling is offline   Reply With Quote